No votes

Total votes: 5
ettieapple
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 14 years 3 months

Assetto Corsa

Postby ettieapple » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:54 pm

I recently saw a new and very interesting racing game. It's called Assetto Corsa and it will be a very realistic racing game with licensed cars and tracks.
Now that's interesting, but this page makes it even more, because it says the game will be fully moddable!
https://www.assettocorsa.net/ac-official ... rs-tracks/ :D

I personally hope this game will be a pc competitor of games like Forza and Gran Turismo, but that will depend on the amount of cars. Offcourse we could make them self, but when the developers make them, we'll be sure of quality.

Edit:
I just saw this sentence on the steam greenlight page:
"Also, Assetto Corsa will allow for considerable customisation and modification, in order to satisfy the expectations of professional simracers, gamers who prefer to approach the driving experience more progressively, and hobbyists who just like to collect lots of cars and tracks."

"Also, Assetto Corsa will allow for considerable customisation and modification"
Do they point at ingame tuning (exterior and mechanical), or the modding possibilities?

"gamers who prefer to approach the driving experience more progressively, and hobbyists who just like to collect lots of cars and tracks."
I think they just said there will be a lot of cars and tracks! :D
[color=white]!!!Frysl?n boppe!!![/color]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:05 pm

This racing simulator promises to be a great one, at the same levels of the incoming Project C.A.R.S. and GTR 3. So far it has a good car and tracks list, for quality than quantity, and it's planned to add more with DLCs. The developer is the Italian Kunos Simulazioni. I knew about its progress since months, and now, besides for voting at Stam Greenlight, it's also available the Technology Preview, a sort of demo version, to all the owners of their previous simulator, called netKar Pro (costs only almost 5 Euro).
As said, this racing game it's a real simulator, to be enjoyed at best with a very good steering wheel. So, it can't be compared to console games like Forza Motorsport and Grand Turismo series, which are kinda arcadish in the driving model.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Pyter512
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Postby Pyter512 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:47 pm

Looks like there is alot of racing simulators coming(Rfactor Devs. must be pissed :P),I'm really interested in that game ! I hope it has:

-Realistic Damage
-City Tracks
-Alot of types of races(rally,offroad,hill climb,drift,etc.)
-BMWs !(alot of them!)
-Multiplayer ! Even better if it comes with modifications

Can't say much,i'm just excited there's another racing simulator coming ! Can't wait for it.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:59 pm

Search some info about it, then you'll realize that's only a asphalt circuit racing game. So, no off-road and rally tracks, and neither drifting and drag races, made to be more spectacular.
The simulator should have damages for the cars, but not high destructibility (remember that the cars are under license, and licenses means also restrictions about damaging implementing), but however, this simulator is meant to make serious and correct races, if you want more destructive races you have to look at other and less simulative games (for example, Race Driver GRID). Hardly it would get some city circuit, also in this case there's other (like NFS Shift, Race Driver GRID, Shift 2 Unleashed). The simulator is going to have some BMW cars, maybe others will be added in future; other brands included so far are Lotus, Pagani and Ferrari (this last is a great license). Multiplayer gameplay mode is planned, but maybe it won't be available initially.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby aaro4130 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:49 pm

I have made a crack for this game already. :P It is a fun game to drive around, so far it seems there is only mechanical damage though.
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

ettieapple
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 14 years 3 months

Postby ettieapple » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:17 pm

Alot of types of races(rally,offroad,hill climb,drift,etc.)
Drift races are allready made, not officially though.
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index ... oints.419/
[color=white]!!!Frysl?n boppe!!![/color]