3D renders

Post cool 3D render pictures here!

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 2 months

Postby e-cobra » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:12 am

These renders look almost real :o Wonderful!
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

hastantyo
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Postby hastantyo » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:36 pm

Thank you pals! :D :D Quite long time I've never saw what's going on here. :) Truly, I missed all gold old times here. Yeah, for those people that I knew so well, I hope their life's is good as always. :)

So, I've made some new renders. This time, I'm using the "Daylight" system on 3Ds Max. Which mean, that features automatically set the time of the day while we do renders. Morning, noon, overcast, evening, and night. Quite complicated to set the correct settings. Because, each models, each scenes, has different settings. Depends on their behavior.

1. Mental Ray Daylight System, set for morning time 8 AM.

2. Mental Ray Daylight System, set for evening time 4:30 PM.

3. Learing new technique, by using Mental Ray Car Paints Material that can produce the "Gradient" effects to the colors which affected by the lights. Quite complicated to made, but gives better result than standard materials. :)

4. The next technique I'm learning this time. Motion Blur effects made from 3Ds Max. The way to made just like "Animation" project. But, the different is, the time render progress takes 10 - 20x more long than the usual render. More smooth and clean blurs can set from the render settings. Yeah, more Quality, more time will be taken. So here it is :

Those motion blurs was pure comes from 3Ds Max. You can doubt if that pictures was edited from Photohsop. If you do so, lets compare both images and see the differents. Simple motion blur on the wheels and the background scenes can be done easily on Photohsop. As for me, I can't manipulate the blur on those reflections. 3Ds Max can do blur objects on the reflections, and the result is far more realistic than Photoshop. But I believe Photoshop can edits / manipulate image like that. And the editors must be like "expert" people. :wink:

Anyway, just guess what. The last render takes 12 hours 57 minutes. Why so long? Because I'm doing that on my Laptop. Fair enough if you compared by the spec and it's power. :wink:

See ya next time! :D

Regards, Hastantyo.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:05 pm

Thank you too. :wink:
Very nice new renders, they really look photo-realistic, and thanks for these explains. Agree with you, those motion blur effects are really hard to get adding them in Photoshop, to don't mention of how apply them so well on the reflections. Kinda weird that pinkish coloring of the paint, it ain't pearlescent. Good that your laptop succeeded to finish the render after so many hours.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Postby Diatosta » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:05 pm

So this is my first render ( finally managed to work with 3DS Max ;) ) so it won't look any thing like the others, but I hope you guys like it :D (in case someone asks, I modified it in Photoshop (added lights)

And if someone sees something that could be improved, just tell!

[color=white]MM2 lover! Yeah![/color]
[color=white]diatosta.pt[/color]

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

Also, one of my trucks[/color]
[img][/img]

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 2 months

Postby e-cobra » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:17 pm

That's a lot better! :o Doesn't headlights look like spikes projecting out? (like a porcupine?) The render is great and I like it. :)
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:24 pm

Nice rendering and good integration with the background photo. The lights glows adding wasn't so necessary. That's a free high polygons 3D model, as far as I remember.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Diatosta » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:36 pm

Well, here's the original renderization (no Photoshop).

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

[img][/img]

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Postby whoami » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:10 am

Cool render! :D
[color=white]Nobody told me MM2 works on Windows 10![/color]

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Diatosta » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:37 am

I made another one, and the lights in this one aren't so big:

(Sorry for the using of always the same backplate and HDRI, I dont have the $ to buy another and dont know very well modeling a background yet ;) )

The original:

Last edited by Diatosta on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[img][/img]

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Postby whoami » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:14 pm

Shouldn't the beam pointing in the direction of the headlight, and not looking at us? Really cool though, waiting for 3DS Max to be downloaded.
[color=white]Nobody told me MM2 works on Windows 10![/color]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:58 pm

The first image can't be displayed, it results missing in your Photobucket album. Nice rendering, and I recognize that free 3D model of the Alfa Romeo 159. :wink:

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Diatosta » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:02 pm

I dont understand. The image isn't giving any error to me. It appears normal here :S

And both VW Beetle and Alfa Romeo are free models, as i'm not properly rich $$$ :D

[img][/img]

Triple_X
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 14 years 1 month

Postby Triple_X » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:30 pm

same result as franch
[color=white][b][u]MM2X Awards : [/u][/b]

[img][/img] | Funniest Active Member [/color]

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Diatosta » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:04 pm

OK, so heres it (edited one):

[img][/img]

hastantyo
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Postby hastantyo » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:02 am

Wow, great renders mate! :D I've also made new render. :)

For free HD Wallpaper 1920 x 1080 pixel : https://img3.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads ... jrpxv7.jpg
(Sorry for the using of always the same backplate and HDRI, I dont have the $ to buy another and dont know very well modeling a background yet ;) )
Hm, you could try the smcars.net HDRI's one, they've made some great and very high res HDRI for free. Direct link : https://www.smcars.net/forums/smcars-hdri/ :wink:

Regards, Hastantyo.