The comeback of Motocross Madness?

cars88
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 14 years

The comeback of Motocross Madness?

Postby cars88 » Mon May 28, 2012 10:14 pm

Hi,
Remember Motocross Madness? This game midway between the high-flying motorcycle and caused a sensation on PC in 1998, especially with his Sidewinder Freestyle Pro controller can recognize the movements many years before the Wiimote and the Sixaxis! After a second round in 2000, the series had unfortunately been cast away, but it may well be its reappearance soon on Xbox Live Arcade. Microsoft has indeed post two pictures mysteries and asks players to guess the name of the game he will formally announce next week during E3. If you look a few seconds on the file names of images, there is the code name AMX. Now Microsoft has just trademarked the Avatar Motocross Madness last month. From there to think Avatar means AMX Motocross.

Some pictures :)

The question is: Microsoft will do the same thing for the MM series?
I hope that.
[img]https://i33.servimg.com/u/f33/15/53/63/67/sans_t10.png[/img]

NotoriousA
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Postby NotoriousA » Mon May 28, 2012 11:51 pm

I really hope they do the same for the MM series, the Checkpoint Editor idea really needs to happen!
[img][/img]

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Postby whoami » Tue May 29, 2012 9:58 am

The real question is, will they make this game and "MM4" for PC's or other platforms other than XBOX? Probably not. They're too interested in Windows 8 :P
[color=white]Nobody told me MM2 works on Windows 10![/color]

cars88
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby cars88 » Tue May 29, 2012 12:58 pm

The real question is, will they make this game and "MM4" for PC's or other platforms other than XBOX? Probably not. They're too interested in Windows 8 :P
Yes, if microsoft will make a MM4 he will probably be for Xbox 360 or the next durango. But this is sad because the MM series is made for pc not for console, the proof, MM3 was a failure.

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby whoami » Wed May 30, 2012 11:24 am

Or they'll just make it for Win8's Web Store... Microsoft doesn't quite accept the fact that even if someone has got the latest tech, not everyone has it.

cars88
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby cars88 » Wed May 30, 2012 12:53 pm

Yes you are right, now we have to wait the result of this new Motocross Madness ,AMX Motocross , then Micro$oft will probably think about a revival of Midtown Mandness (for pc please ^^)

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby dummiesboy » Wed May 30, 2012 5:13 pm

Ugh, Xbox only. Seriously, what the fuck? Motocross Madness was a PC game back in the day. This just sucks. If they make a Midtown Madness spinoff like this, it will very likely be Xbox only too. :x

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Postby aaro4130 » Wed May 30, 2012 10:26 pm

Yeah, it probably will be XBOX only (note the big heads from XBL avatars -_-), looked like a Wii/Xbox game due to the heads XD

Xbox only again...
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu May 31, 2012 1:33 am

Have read about the coming of this game weeks ago. The entire Madness series it's obviously still an IP (intellectual property) of Microsoft, it decides if and when make a new game that has to bring this brand name and the features of the games. IMO, this new game it's just an idea to give to its console a funny exclusive game; must be said that the competitor Sony has much more exclusive and hystoric titles for its console than Microsoft. You can notice that the bikers have the same style of the avatars used for the own Xbox Live account. The game will be available only on Xbox Live Arcare, so only digital download buy, no retail. Yeah, this is a spin-off of the series, made just to use a known name, by the PC players... It all can be defined a commercial move too... Maybe it's born after the success of the Xbox Live game Trials Evolution? Now really, seeing the caricature style of the game from the screenshots, would you really have it for PC? Better keep the only real Motocross Madness series on PC.
Clearly Microsoft since when has its own console, especially since the release of the Xbox 360, doesn't care anymore in making PC Windows versions of its games... The latest PC game releasesd by Microsoft after years is the free to play Microsoft Flight, kinda an arcadish Flight Simulator with poor contents and payable unlockables, like nowadays is going with this kind of games...
Seeing the things going in this way, better that there will be no MM4, because it'll be surely be only for Xbox 360 or next console. Still be only a PC games player it's now hard, is needed to renounce for many games. IMO, if Microsoft wanted to make an MM4, it had to make it on 2005 on the launch of Xbox 360. Evidently Microsoft's no more interested into arcare racing games, the Forza Motorsport series succes it's enough for it, and it plans to get more with the next upcoming Forza Horizon.

About the swearing of Dummiesboy, it's understandable and not offensive to nobody. Censure that word didn't changed a lot.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Postby aaro4130 » Thu May 31, 2012 1:56 am

If MM4 is xbox, at least i have a 360
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby whoami » Thu May 31, 2012 11:03 am

If MM4 is xbox, at least i have a 360
Lucky you :P

NotoriousA
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Postby NotoriousA » Thu May 31, 2012 4:17 pm

The thing I have closest to a 360 is a PS3 ...
[img][/img]

wilder
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years

Postby wilder » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:28 am

The thing I have closest to a 360 is a PS3 ...
nevermind
PC is closer to 360 than PS3

Pabolo
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 18 years 5 months
Poland

Postby Pabolo » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:40 pm