converting san fransisco to rage

zzcool
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

converting san fransisco to rage

Postby zzcool » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:39 pm

hello i have known about this website since i think 2003 mm2 was the very first game i ever modded

anyway now to my question i have an idea of converting san fransisco to rockstar games rage engine

and a friend is willing to help me he wants to know if theres any plugin for importing models and map placements to 3ds max

he also wants to know if there is a file extractor

i read abit of the rules here and i see nothing against converting a 12 year old map to the new rage engine

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:31 pm

Particular question, but the reply is simply no, it's not possible. In past someone succeeded to get MM2 SF city 3D model in ZModeler 1, but it was just the landscape in low polygons without buildings and all the objects. MM2 uses the DirectX 7 for its engine, so isn't neither possible do the ripping with 3D Ripper DX program, because this version of these graphic libraries isn't supported by it.
MM2 cities are in low polygons and in a so low quality that would look bad in modern games and graphic engines.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

zzcool
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

Postby zzcool » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:35 pm

Particular question, but the reply is simply no, it's not possible. In past someone succeeded to get MM2 SF city 3D model in ZModeler 1, but it was just the landscape in low polygons without buildings and all the objects. MM2 uses the DirectX 7 for its engine, so isn't neither possible do the ripping with 3D Ripper DX program, because this version of these graphic libraries isn't supported by it.
MM2 cities are in low polygons and in a so low quality that would look bad in modern games and graphic engines.
yes it would maybe look bad but it would be a way of reliving the memories through rage (lol)

and besides i don't want it to look any better then original midtown madness i just want it to look the same with the same type of timecyc just with the details and quality on the cars themselves and features of rage

too bad it's not possible i assumed since the game has been out for like 12 years that all modding possible was unlocked