New York City

How I can download the track of New York in winzip files ?

Laurout
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

New York City

Postby Laurout » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:57 am

8O

Hi !
I have downloaded the New York track in this site, but I have some problems to extract and open the winzip file in the game. I've saved the file, but I cannot open it, and when I go in Midtown Madness, the city is not here. Please, give me some tricks to put my downloaded city in the game ! Wath I do for this ?

Thanks,
Laurout

awalwang
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 17 years

Postby awalwang » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:11 am

Did you take out the AR file in it and put it then into the MM2 directory? The game won't read Winzip or compressed files. If you can't open the Winzip file, download the Winzip trial (or buy it) or download 7-zip. Either will do the trick. :)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:34 pm

The downloaded compressed .zip file is an archive that has the real add-on for Midtown Madenss 2, a .ar file. This .ar file is the file to put in your main MM2 directory (usually C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Midtown Madness 2). This thing is true for the other MM2 add-ons, like cars, mods and cities/maps.
To play New York City for MM2 you must set in the graphic options the hardware render without T&L video card effects.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

mm2ultimatemaniac
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Postby mm2ultimatemaniac » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:12 am

^
what he said but here are good configurations for it to work:
800x600 display
With t&l
all the options set to high but not VERY high!!!!!
have a nice game