sf. problem please reply

nitro101
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 13 years

sf. problem please reply

Postby nitro101 » Mon May 02, 2011 12:33 am

:( :!: This is a very bad problem: my sf track doesn't work I have tried to restart the game and to delete the bad files nothing works! please Email at: mushroom1@comcast.net :!: :!: :!: :cry:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon May 02, 2011 12:54 am

The cause of this problem can be many. For the "bad files" you mean the .ar files that you're using? Those are never bad... I assume that SF crashes while its loading; for first thing try to play it without traffic and cop cars and using a default game car, see if it crashes also with these conditions. Then, remove any cop mod, traffic mod and mod that adds new objects to SF and try to play it with the traffic, the cop cars and using a default game car. After, do the same but using an high polygons add-on car.
Doing this you should be able to figure out the problem, that usually is given because of too much total of polygons to manage: high quality player car plus traffic mod and cop mod even set to the maximum density and mods that add new objects adds much more polygons than usual, and this can bring the game to crash.

Topic moved in the right section (everything about MM2 tracks). Your way to use the forum is weird, why we should e-mail you to give you the reply to your problem? According to you, what's the purpose of this topic that you've created? The forum topics are made also for this, you post one about a problem that you have and then the members of the forum posts to help you, the ones that are able to, and then you check it for the replies and continue the discussion...
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

nitro101
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

re:

Postby nitro101 » Mon May 02, 2011 3:42 pm

:!: The problem isn't in the game it is in the loading menu when I start up the game when the YIKES appears I just click the exit button and start it up but when it is in the screen where the bar is moving across the screen it just crashes!!!! and I did delete the cop modes and the car modes and some of the bad tracks and it still doesn't work. :cry: :!: ps. I changed the Resolution it did work till I click the: Monster copper classic car and it still just crashes!!!!!!! :reprobar:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon May 02, 2011 7:33 pm

OMG, explain better what are your problems, you're not clear... According to you, the loading menu (that's really called loading screen) isn't part of the game? So, the game crashes while its first loading, after have launched it, but, why before you've said that it crashes on SF? :roll:
The problem could also be because of your profile, usually isn't so in this case, it's more related with add-on cars usage, but give this a try: delete the folder called players placed in the main game foldel, run again the game and create a new profile; don't keep any add-on and mod .ar file (the 4 default game .ar fiels must be present, obviously), all should work properly. If it still cashes, reinstall the game.
Looks that successively you've succeeded to reach the vehicle selection screen, but on the selecting of that add-on car, the game crashes; usually, to fix this is needed the removing of some .ar files (never keep too much of them, keep a number of 25 beween cars and tracks add-ons and mods), but other times is required the deleting of the player profile (easiest solution).
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Re: re:

Postby aaro4130 » Mon May 02, 2011 9:21 pm

:!: The problem isn't in the game it is in the loading menu when I start up the game when the YIKES appears I just click the exit button and start it up but when it is in the screen where the bar is moving across the screen it just crashes!!!! and I did delete the cop modes and the car modes and some of the bad tracks and it still doesn't work. :cry: :!: ps. I changed the Resolution it did work till I click the: Monster copper classic car and it still just crashes!!!!!!! :reprobar:
@Nitro101 You might have software rendering turned on

@ Franch The problem is when the game is loading, then it crashes, so he deleted some car mods and it worked but the select car menu crashed, he changed his resolution then SF crashed
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby dummiesboy » Mon May 02, 2011 11:35 pm

SF crashes eh? Do you have New York City installed? If so, remove it.

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Postby aaro4130 » Tue May 03, 2011 12:31 am

My recommendations

1) Delete ALL addons
2) Delete players folder
3) Make sure you are on hardware rendering
4) If none of the above work, reinstall mm2
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue May 03, 2011 12:38 am

Aaro, your recommendations are pretty like the ones that I've said, you've just said them in an easy way. Is always recommended to play the game with the hardware rendering, you get the best game playing experience and it's better to play the add-ons properly. About the screen resolution, it's related in the case of the city load crash because of too much things to manage (is affected the memory usage by the game, it uses always the same quantity, as seems), but use always the native one of your screen or the one that you use for Windows.
SF crashes eh? Do you have New York City installed? If so, remove it.
This is weird, I remember to have kept the improved version of New York City in my MM2 folder for long time and it hasn't given any problem to SF or other. If this can happen with the original version, that needed lot of improvements, is different. However, is needed to see if he's using this add-on.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby dummiesboy » Tue May 03, 2011 12:40 am

This is weird, I remember to have kept the improved version of New York City in my MM2 folder for long time and it hasn't given any problem to SF or other.
I remember that the original preview 2, and maybe some of the early improved versions crashed sf. I had that issue a long time ago.

nitro101
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

re:

Postby nitro101 » Tue May 03, 2011 4:08 pm

:roll: I did make a profile but just one thing: I wonderd if the game whould work on my mom and dads computer and it worked like gold but on my computer it is just crap soo do you think it has somthing to do with the videocard or memory or grapgics or what? ps sorry if I dont make things clear but somtime I just forget okay? :oops:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue May 03, 2011 8:17 pm

If your bad performances computer satisfies the game system requirements it's ok, you can play the game at least with low screen resolutions and graphic settings, but always using the hardware rendering. You can read the game system requirements from its manual, probably. MM2 is a now old game and it doesn't get much from recent systems, you just have better FPS number and no lag during gamplayes.
However, as seems the problem that has let you open this topic is realated with other things, I wouldn't say that's also because of your system.