Add objects to a world

mm2xUser97
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 13 years 2 months

Add objects to a world

Postby mm2xUser97 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:51 pm

How do you add objects to a world? Like for example, I found a blank grass map at https://www.fortunecity.com/underworld/v ... 9/id18.htm and I wanna add ramps, cones, etc... Sorry for so many questions, but I'm just curious into making something someday for MM2. But, how do you do this? :?

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Postby zoot » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:05 pm

Extract the .ar file. Open the PSDL(in the city folder), in MM2CityToolkit. Have your object exported as .pkg, and place it in the geometry folder. Import it into mm2ct(as an inst), with a bound ready(in the bound folder). ;) Save the PSDL(as same same), and remake .ar. Have fun!
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:09 pm

The best program to add objects to a PSDL terrain having a 3D view of what you're doing is the MM2 City Toolkit. Get it here and check this tutorial to learn how to use it.
The new city making is something pretty complex, but the objects adding to an already existing track is easier; just extract the track .ar file folders with files, set the repository directory in the program (it's where are all the game files extracted with DeAR 2), open the track and start to add the game objects in it, then save the INST file for fixed objects and the PROPS one for the breakable objects, make the .ar file and test it in-game.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|