Modding sf's race file

Wont work?

RagingFury
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Modding sf's race file

Postby RagingFury » Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:31 am

I am trying to modify the San Fransisco race files (change the opponents cars) and I save it, start the game, choose race, start race, and the original cars are there. Why won't it work? I want to have it to where the final circuit race has mustangs (the old one) and 2 1999 Mustangs. I did that, and still won't work. What is wrong?

P.S.: Long time no see... :D
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrRagingFury
My YouTube account! YAYZ!!! :P

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:11 am

I assume that you've edited the right files and you've selected the right races where you've edited the opponent files, and of course have made the mod .ar file correctly. There are two kind of files where there are the opponents settings: .aimap files, that work with an Amateur type player profile, and .aimap_p files, that work with a Professional type player profile; maybe you've edited only the basenames of one of them, you have edit both in the same way. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

RagingFury
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby RagingFury » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:19 am

I just completely messed up the file. I don't know how, but I did... I figured that out not to long ago. I'm going to try again tomarrow....

RagingFury
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby RagingFury » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:35 am

I just completely messed up the file. I don't know how, but I did... I figured that out not to long ago. I'm going to try again tomarrow....
I decided to redo the whole thing, and it still won't work... It is ticking me of... :molesto2:

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Postby Silent1Unknown » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:00 am

Maybe you are editing the wrong race file. The name should start with circuit, then a number (representing which race), then either .aimap (for Amateur profile) or .aimap_p (for Professional profile).

To find out the number of the race, go in game to the city/race selection screen, check the drop-down list of the races and count the races starting with zero (i.e. 0, 1, 2,...etc) until you reach the race you want to edit. Thats the number of the race. Also, when editing the correct race file, you will see the opponent names match those opponents in game race.

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

RagingFury
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby RagingFury » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:52 am

Did all of that, but I guess it just won't work for me. I even changed 1 car in a race, still won't work... So yeah....

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Postby Zac4084 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:57 am

I guess you named the AR file correctly? E.g. !!racemod.ar. Go over the steps about three times in the tutorial.

RagingFury
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby RagingFury » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:11 am

I am doing it right. I made a traffic "mod" (I changed one car (or added, or made it more frequent) to the pickup) and it works.... I don't know why this particular thing WON'T work.... It is strange.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:20 am

Ok, follow the following easy procedure. After have extracted the .aimap and .aimap_p files of the SF race/s where you want to edit the opponents with DeAR2, edit them with Notemap changing only the part with the car basenames (the ones that starts with "vp") with the one/s that you already know of the add-on car/s that you want to make as opponents. Do this to both the files of each race and save. Now just place these files in new folder called sf, and place this folder with the files inside another new folder called race. At the end, make a .ar file of this folder with WinRar and ZIP compression adding at least five "!" ahead the file name, because the change of the mod is little.
Is suggested to don't use too detailed add-on cars as opponents, otherwise the game can crash while the race loading because of too polygons to manage.
Oh, and however there's already a tutorial around to know how make all this.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

RagingFury
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby RagingFury » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:36 am

I got it to work. Here is how: I did just like Franch88 said (like I have been doing) but in WinRAR, I was putting the files in a ".zip" file (I changed the .zip to .ar) and named it "!!!!!!!racemod.ar" and changed the compression mode from Normal to Best, and it worked. I have no idea why it had to be like that.... but I got it to work....

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:53 am

You must had to let it work now! :P :wink: In WinRar you can well directly put the .ar file extension in the archive file name while creating it, but before you always have to select the ZIP compression, as this image shows. The compression mode is irrelevant.

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Postby Zac4084 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:32 am

Yep I knew it was the AR. It's kinda obvious it has to be .AR*.