zmodeler with trojan horse!!!!

roland285
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Postby roland285 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:26 am

hello, i was downloading zmodeler. the problem is that when the download is complete my virus scanner says that there is an trojan horse in zmoddler 1.7! 8O (view image) is this normal or is my virus scanner an little bit confused?

https://www.webklik.nl/js/tiny_mce/plugi ... virus2.JPG

ps: the image fuction dont work anymore :(

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Postby matt1314 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:55 pm

Your image doesn't work, but it's a false positive. There isn't one in ZModeler, so ignore it. :)

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Zac4084 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:00 pm

Did you download it from the ZM Site? If you didn't, the place you got it from probably put a trojan in it or something. Maybe it was updating and it tried to get a connection and it confused it as a trojan?

roland285
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Postby roland285 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:22 pm

its from the zm website.

and an other weird thing is that on an other pc with he same virus scanner where zm is downloaded before the update of the scanner and after says it if i am start the explorer that there is an trojan horse found.

the trojan horse (or fake trojan) is in the install file.

on the other side, the scanner says the name of the trojan 'trojan horse'..... this is an weird name for an trojan because the scanner says normal what the name of the infection is like trojan.zlob or something in that way.

so i think it is fake alert but it leaves weird i have never have any problem with the scanner :(

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Zac4084 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:31 pm

Disable the virus program during the install, we assure you there's no virus. ;) It just has a problem/glitch with the virus program.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:24 pm

It's just a false positive. Some antivirus programs like Avast! and maybe also AVG, recognize the installation file of ZModeler 1.07b, and also of some older version, as virus because of the Nullsoft installer/uninstaller used to install the program and its uninstall .exe file in your PC. In particular the problem is right the uninstaller .exe file, that removes itself and the ZModeler program files when you run it, and is this that can create this false positive virus problem. So, there's nothing wrong about only the program files.
There's already a topic about this here. I had this problem too with Avast!, but it's now gone keeping updating the viruses database.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|