ZModeler crashing problem

Keeps on crashing while saving

Technologyfreak
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

ZModeler crashing problem

Postby Technologyfreak » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:52 pm

I am having quite some Zmodeler problems, it keeps on crashing and getting stuck, especially when saving and every time I move something up or down in the bottom left row, my memory goes up by like 100 mb :?
Has anyone else ever had this problem and can it be solved?
(maybe by re-installing Zmodeler?)
[img][/img]

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Zac4084 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:04 pm

Maybe its too much for your computer. Try re-installing, and merge it instead of 'opening' it. :wink:

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby dummiesboy » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:23 pm

Yeah, after saving, I sometimes for get something, like centering the axis. I go back to fix it, and it crashes. :? What I do to avoid that is, just before exporting, hide everything. (So you dont see any part of your car, at all.) Just click on the "Hide all" button below the object list, then export. It works for me. :)

Technologyfreak
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Postby Technologyfreak » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:27 pm

Ok, I will try that, but now, even after re-installing Zmodeler somtimes uses 1,59 GB of my memory :lol: Is that normal? :oops:
[img][/img]

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Zac4084 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:23 pm

Ok, I will try that, but now, even after re-installing Zmodeler somtimes uses 1,59 GB of my memory :lol: Is that normal? :oops:
Umm.. Wow.. That seems high.. Well, its a modeling program, so its normal. :wink:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:37 pm

ZModeler uses a lot of system RAM memory also for the little things, so it's pretty normal. I've noticed that the .z3d files with too objects and too textures loaded for the materials will let use more memory by the program and so will be taken more time to save it. Also, seems that saving twice a pretty heavy .z3d file without close and re-open the program before will take more time than the first saving, with usually the only choice to shut it down.
You can a bit solve this by merging the objects of your .z3d file in a new file and then save it, getting a more "light" .z3d file.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|