Problem playing in multiplayer Mode.

Airbus
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 18 years 7 months

Problem playing in multiplayer Mode.

Postby Airbus » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:31 pm

Hi everyone. I am trying to play with my sister using Muliplayer mode via IP address but we are having problems. If I am the Host she is unable to find me in the list since it remains blank. When she search's using my IP address to join. I do not show up in the list. Her user name does not show up in my players list. However we are both able to Host a session but cannot join each other's games. Any help is appreciated. The Modem and the IPX option is disabled both are colored as darkish purple color instead of the red color which turns green on the option you select., we both have DSL modems. Is there any way to enable the Modem feature. Thanks Airbus

Gafaddict
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 20 years 2 months

Postby Gafaddict » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:05 pm

Are you using the IP from: https://www.whatismyip.com/

or are you using the "ping {{COMPUTERNAME}}" command to find it? If your computers are networked, use the "ping" command. You can find out your computer name by right-clicking the "My Computer" icon, and clicking Properties in the drop-down menu. In the Properties window, there's a tab "Computer Name" - click on that. Right next to "Full Computer Name" in that window is your computer's name.
Last edited by Gafaddict on Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[color=white]So many rocks up in my watch I can't tell what the time is

Also, [url=https://www.mmarchive.com]Midtown Madness Archive[/url][/color]

Airbus
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Problems with Multiplayer Mode

Postby Airbus » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:23 pm

Hi, our computers are not connected to each other by a cable. I used the IP address provided by www.whatismyip.com still no sucess. When I enter the IP address it searches for it but finds nothing even though my sister is hosting the session and vice versa. Thanks for the suggestion. We are hoping Hurricane Wilma does not hit South florida. All the best best to South Floridans on MM2x. Have a good weekend. Is there any way to verify that you are hosting a session besides the muliplayer host lobby room displaying your username and the location, race and type of car you are driving. Does any one know how to enable the IPX and the Modem options in multiplayer. these two options are colored a dark purple color instead of the red color which turns green on the option you select. Thanks again. Airbus
Last edited by Airbus on Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gafaddict
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 20 years 2 months

Postby Gafaddict » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:35 pm

IPX and modem work only if you're connected by a cable.

As I said in the previous post, use the "ping" command.
[color=white]So many rocks up in my watch I can't tell what the time is

Also, [url=https://www.mmarchive.com]Midtown Madness Archive[/url][/color]

Airbus
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Airbus » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:14 am

Hi Gafaddict
Thanks for your responses. I did the ping and found my username. I have a question, both computers have the same username, we are able to host games but unable to join each others game. Is it possible to both of us to use the same username ping and use a different multiplayer lobby name to avoid a conflict? Thanks you really are great help. I am getting ready for Hurricane Wilma, All the best south floridans on MM2x.

Airbus