MM2 GL Help

mm2-player
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 16 years

MM2 GL Help

Postby mm2-player » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:32 pm

Hi, could someone please write an easy to use manual on how to use the MM2 Game Loader so that modified cars with sirens can be used without crashing the game please or give me the link to a good one? many thanks.

this website and community members are definately the best for helping with MM2!!!

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:05 pm

After got the MM2GL program, extract all its files in your main MM2 directory and start it by its .exe file. After, the program will scan all your add-on .ar files to find cars that uses sirens objects and trucks that uses reverse gear bips (less used). It'll create a file called !!!_share.ar, where there's the same file of the addonvehtypes.ar file (vehtypes.csv), the one with the basenames list of this kind of vehicles. Click Launch the game to complete.
It has also the materials.csv file, used in lots of tracks and in the Water Mod (is important to put at least four "!" symbols in the filename of this mod to bring it up the !!!_share.ar, so the game will read that for first. Other info about this here).
Next times there will no need to put the addonvehtypes.ar file included with some cop cars. :) Remember to run the game always from this program.

PS: thank you for your website appreciation. :)
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

mm2-player
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby mm2-player » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:10 pm

Thanks for you reply again. And no problem, this Site deserves it :D

But, I did what you said, and it still crashes when I turn on the Sirens on:(

Do you have to actually open the Gameloader or something? I cant because it's a .7l file or something like that :S

HELP! lol

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:38 pm

I use this program to run MM2 and I don't have problems with the cars with the sirens. I don't have checked many of them.
However you can put the addonvehtypes.ar file included with the car with the sirens, and it won't make crash the game.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

mm2-player
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby mm2-player » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:16 pm

ah! well the thing is the current cop car I have downloaded hasn't come with addonvehtypes.ar

is there anywhere i can download this from? i download the mm2 addon builder thingy and put it in the main mm2 directory, but this hasn't worked so like i said can i download the addonvehtypes.ar file anywhere?

cheers!

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:33 pm

You can get a very good addonvehtypes.ar file that sopports nearly all the cars with the sires from here.

It's pretty weird that the MM2GL doesn't work in that. In your main MM2 folder you'll notice a file called !!!_share.ar; this file is created by the MM2GL program, and it's used mainly as addonvehtypes.ar file.
If you've some track or mod that could use the same file in the addonvehtypes.ar (isn't too possible) in your MM2 folder that has three or four "!" symbols, try to remove it.
You could have also a file called !!!addonvehtypes.ar, but I don't remember if there's one.

mm2-player
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby mm2-player » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:57 am

Thanks for all of your help franch88, my moded police car now works properly. your the best! :D many thanks mate

Deanna_Troi
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Postby Deanna_Troi » Mon May 11, 2009 8:32 pm

I also have a problem....

I recently updated VNV's Ford Crown Victoria NYSD (original author is Addict for Need For Speed 4) and I have successfilly added a dash but adding the siren, however, is a paining problem. Even after I have updated the addon-vehtypes and the vehtypes file within, even with MM2 GameLoader and Addon-Vehtypes Builder (both by Maxoff), the game still crashed after attempting to turn on the siren. Is there anyway I can fix this problem? Thanks in advance...

All The Best
--Deanna_Troi
[color=orange]Best MM2 Breakout of 2010[/color]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/a701OBI.jpg[/img]
[url=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB-1_luBqmkKKFUDgP18fiw]My YouTube Channel[/url]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=53209#53209]My MM2 Releases[/url]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon May 11, 2009 9:34 pm

That's pretty weird. Make sure that the addonvehtypes.ar file is above the game and other .ar files by placing about four "!" symbols.
Anyway, seems that the use of this file with the MM2 Game Loader can give some problems to the right working of the police cars because this program creates a .ar file with the vehtypes.csv file with all the basenames to let work all the installed police cars found by the program, so is better to use only one of the solutions, and I suggest to use the program. This can happen especially when the addonvehtypes.ar file have more than three "!" symbols ahead the filename, because the shared file with the vehtypes.csv file created by MM2 Game Loader program has three of these symbols.
Last edited by Franch88 on Mon May 11, 2009 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Deanna_Troi
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Postby Deanna_Troi » Mon May 11, 2009 9:37 pm

Thanks Franch88. I have managed to get it working, but I had to use the existing name that was listed in the !!!!addon_vehtypes.ar file just to get it working, and therefore could conflict with other add-ons having the same name. :wink:
[color=orange]Best MM2 Breakout of 2010[/color]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/a701OBI.jpg[/img]
[url=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB-1_luBqmkKKFUDgP18fiw]My YouTube Channel[/url]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=53209#53209]My MM2 Releases[/url]