importing NSF:U2 cars

any programs?

JC1138
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

importing NSF:U2 cars

Postby JC1138 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:49 pm

are there any programs out there that can import NFS:U2 cars?

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 20 years

Postby Riva » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:44 pm

With the ASE convertor for 3DS Max you can import the cars of this game but there's a easiet way to proceed, the cars available for this game is also available for the other NFS hits, check this website to see all of the latest NFS cars.

https://www.aironeracing.com

Formats : 3DS, Z3D, MAX

JC1138
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby JC1138 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:25 am

thx for the info and the great site. btw, is it also possible to extract the body kits from the game?

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Postby matt1314 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:26 am

Well, I think, if you know how to extract them, you would be able to convert the car with it. For example, sajmon14, who converted the tuned Toyota Supra, remember? I think he has tuned this car in ProStreet and then he converted it to MM2, so it might be possible. It's like before, when I asked Franch, if he could convert Ray Krieger's tuned BMW M3 E92. But Franch told me, that the car will be in bad quality and that it's nearly impossible to do that. That's why he's always converting the stock version of the car, I think. :wink: Maybe this story could also happen with Underground 2.

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby Riva » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:31 pm

If I'm correct Sajmon (from NFS6) and Franch (from GTA SA, like me) used a car already available for another game (or from AirOne like the MM2BR converters) so I'm not sure that one of us have already exported a car or a part from this game. Anyway of course it's doable.

I remember having exported a car plus some bodyparts from this game but I shall not anymore be to say what were steps. But I think that it was with 3DS Max and a plugin which allowed to convert BIN files to ASE format (or vice versa) and/or from ASE to 3DS.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:18 pm

I think that the bodykits are already included in the car .bin file; it's so with the NFS Most Wanted .bin car files. After imported it in ZModeler 2 you can make the combination of bumpers, wings, etc. that you want. I don't know how's for NFS6.
It's like before, when I asked Franch, if he could convert Ray Krieger's tuned BMW M3 E92. But Franch told me, that the car will be in bad quality and that it's nearly impossible to do that.
It's just the conversion of that tuned BMW model directly from NFS ProStreet to GTA SA. The problem is that the 3D model is messed up after import the GTA SA .dff file.
That's why he's always converting the stock version of the car, I think. :wink:
I use the models that AirOne Racing website allows to download, which are available only in stock version; only some custom rims and brake calipers are available for download and is possible to use them with those models.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby Riva » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:35 pm

Besides it's very long to edit directly an exported car from NFSU/U2 because like Franch said, all of the car objects are shown and you must to choose each part and then edit each material.

JC1138
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby JC1138 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:05 am

right now im working on the r34 from NSFU2. i found the program that can converts the bin files to ase then to 3ds; however, when i import it to Zmodeler, only the stock body appears. thus, i think NFSU2 is different than MW on exporting body kits. it will takes me a long time to finish this, that is, if i can finish it since im getting less and less time now a days.

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Postby matt1314 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:08 pm

Good luck to finish it successfully! :D