No votes

Total votes: 5
trevor0195
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 16 years

MM3 FOR PC PROJECT

Postby trevor0195 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:05 pm

Hey, recently i was informed by hummersrock that it is possible to use mm3 on a pc but sadly the person who was going to post the video of how to do it canceled his post because he did not want to get into any sort of trouble with Microsoft. if anybody else knows more info on the topic plz share it because after years of mm3 failure with many mm2 fans im sure microsoft couldn't care less :lol: . but just to be sure this needs to stay pretty low cuz we dont kno who can report us for this project. i figure someone should just rip all of the mm3 graphics, tracks, and cars off of the cd and convert them to an mm2 mod. IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO PLZ NOTIFY ME.
5 THINGS YOU CAN DO IN A JEEP
1.CLIMB A MOUNTAIN
2.FORGE 5 FT OF WATER
3.HUNT
4.HAVE SEX
5.DUST YOUR OPPONENTS!!!

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:39 pm

I still remember that person that was going to post a written tutorial, not a video as I remember, that explains how to play MM3 on PC through an Xbox emulator. He said only what you need; you need an Xbox emulato, he didn't said which one, the original CD of MM3, a powerful PC and a bit of lucky. :wink:
I don't think that this was a project; it was to be more a try, and nobody knows if he really has got success in doing this, don't posting neither a picture.
Yes, he said that needed the reply from Microsoft, but a thing like this never happens. A famous software developing brand such as that sure won't reply to the strangest e-mails.
The person that was going to do this was Fragnatic, administrator of the no more existing Midtown Madness Central.net website.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Postby HummersRock » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:40 pm

He either had a way, or he couldn't do it like everyone else, and just said the thing about the e-mail. He said he did e-mail and got a response saying it would be illegal so it didn't want to release it. Who would e-mail such a thing to Microsoft anyways? :|

I don't remember telling you about that. XD It may just not be possible. Knowing Microsoft they could have put some protection in it making it impossible. The worst thing is you can't even play it on Xbox 360 from what I've heard.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:58 pm

He either had a way, or he couldn't do it like everyone else, and just said the thing about the e-mail. He said he did e-mail and got a response saying it would be illegal so it didn't want to release it. Who would e-mail such a thing to Microsoft anyways? :|
So Microsoft replied to he. Anyway a reply from Microsoft to a similar e-mail sounds too unreal...
Knowing Microsoft they could have put some protection in it making it impossible. The worst thing is you can't even play it on Xbox 360 from what I've heard.
I had the MM3 Xbox original CD, and using it on Windows is impossible: it's recognized as DVD video, and you can only see a video that says that's a DVD to use on an Xbox console.
Time ago I found a tutorial that explains how to rip an Xbox DVD game. About emulators, I know only two emulators, and one of them let work pretty well only the game Halo.
I read about the not working of MM3 on Xbox 360. As I know the Xbox 360 retro-compatibility isn't for all Xbox games.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

trevor0195
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby trevor0195 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:19 am

well weather or not microsoft wants us to do it doesn't matter cuz i personally think that the microsoft company is lame anywho. besides pretty much all of their new games require u to buy something else of theirs like an xbox or vista or a really fast operating system for ur $5,000 computer that u use for just that one faitful game that may be fun but you'll never forget how much u got ripped off for it. umm srry u guys i kinda need a moment here to hav a nice long cry.
1.CLIMB A MOUNTAIN
2.FORGE 5 FT OF WATER
3.HUNT
4.HAVE SEX
5.DUST YOUR OPPONENTS!!!

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:53 pm

It's how you say Trevor. For me Microsoft in 2003 decides to make Midtown Madness 3 only because to bring up a pretty old but very nice game only to let sell its Xbox console in the Christmas period with the 2003 Xbox Christmas Pack, with Midtown Madness 3 (a nice game to try) and Halo (a best seller) games included.
I think that the Midtown Madness games had to be only two, like the other Madness series games Motocross Madness and Monster Truck Madness. So Microsoft decides to make MM3 only for commercial interests.
If Microsoft wanted to make MM3 for PC, it had to come out after few months than the Xbox version; it could also be developed by another software house.

About the possibility to play MM3 on PC through an Xbox emulator, I think that this is very hard to do. The only Xbox emulators available have many limits.

trevor0195
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby trevor0195 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:57 am

aww well thats too bad and i do agree with everything u said but its too bad that a game like mm2 will probably never be made again :cry:.
1.CLIMB A MOUNTAIN
2.FORGE 5 FT OF WATER
3.HUNT
4.HAVE SEX
5.DUST YOUR OPPONENTS!!!