Help with zmodeler importation

from one 3d program to another

BanneDDandC
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Help with zmodeler importation

Postby BanneDDandC » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:43 am

Sorry to bother anyone in advance but im having problems with zmodeler's import of a .3ds file (since you guys seem to know a lot about this) the program imports files normally but i've modified one in autocad exported into .3ds(works with other 3d programs like maya (using it for another project))zmodeler acts as though i didn't import anything... does somebody know if im doing something wrong? again sorry to bother anyone with this matter and many thanks in advance for any advice (even if i don't get a response) pics of the car at my official site ( https://banneddandc.deviantart.com/art/s ... t-90309400
https://banneddandc.deviantart.com/art/skyline-90309331
(it isnt a stock version but its a wanted effect)
(sorry for the poor image quality)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:47 pm

Maybe ZModeler can't import all the .3ds files, or the model can't be imported by the program after edited in CAD. Try to change some settings of 3DS file exporting.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Postby matt1314 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Would be cool, if you'll release it some day. :wink:

BanneDDandC
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby BanneDDandC » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:34 am

thanks i'll try toying around with the settings...
thanks a lot matt, if i get it out ill try to post a model someday (if i can get it out of autocad) Besides i'm not finished with it yet (new exhaust,wheels and molding the body for a completely different look!)

BanneDDandC
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby BanneDDandC » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:50 am

update: GOT IT!!! HAHA...I had to pass thru several tweakings and a conversion program but i got the thing to work. (after a 10 min wait for it to import just the body :oops: )thanks for the help everybody! :P

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:55 pm

I'm glad for you. :) I wanted to say to use another program between CAD and ZModeler to get the .3ds file imported in ZModeler.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 20 years

Postby Riva » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:29 pm

You can also manage 3DS files by opening and saving these one from 3DS Max. Then ZM will open them.

Anyway, are you really the author of this car ? Because I saw the same model with the same wheels from a free 3D models website.

BanneDDandC
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby BanneDDandC » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:45 am

Frankly riva, the skyline is a popular model, and those wheels are stock on the gtr-34, but to answer your question i am and i am not the author of this car since this car is a collaboration between me and one of my friends (he did the interior and is supposidely working on the engine) i did the exterior, with a lot of effort been working past 2 months on the exterior... This car'll probably imported into a lot of games both stock version and modded.

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 20 years

Postby Riva » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:15 pm

Ok, no problem !