Random references/easter eggs in the MM games

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Poland

Random references/easter eggs in the MM games

Postby sajmon14 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:19 pm

As many of you have noticed, in many games there are references to developer names or other things. There are few of them in MM2.

Kouros Moghaddam - 3D Artist (vehicles)

Steve Patton - Production Assistant

Sam Buss - Physics Consultant

David Becerra - Tester

Kiki Wolfkill - Art Lead/Kiki McMillan - Content Lead

This might be reference to Ron Suverkrop - 3D Artist (city). Dunno about the other ones.

Marshall Ross - Art Director/Ryan Broley 3D Artist (city)

Jay Panek - Producer (a hidden paintjob)

Does anyone know if Mattin/Emon Shocks are reference to anything? Those companies seem to be fake. They also appear on a modified Hummer in another Angel Studios game called Test Drive: Off-Road - Wide Open (PS2/Xbox)

I haven't posted all of those shop names because some are random names, some are impossible to read and some have unclear meaning.

Also what do you think about those wild-cat paintjobs(Audi TT, Beetle Dune, 59 Caddie), could they mean something special or it was just a random idea? And do you know about other similar things?
Last edited by sajmon14 on Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeremiahjobling
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 12 years 3 months
Great Britain

Postby Jeremiahjobling » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:49 pm

Nice finds - never even noticed some of these names or knew that these were references to people who worked on this game :o

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:54 pm

I just noticed the Kouros thing and those Test Drive decals and decided to search for other similar things and that's the result ;) I did once a similar thing on one of my maps :P

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:08 pm

This is a cool discovery, great work. :) Was already obvious to me that those names were fake ones, but couldn't imagine that they have a relation with the names of the developers.
About the big cats paintjobs, there's only this relation between them, just to have a sort of feline family of cars. :P
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

MysteryDriverX
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 5 years 8 months

Re: Random references/easter eggs in the MM games

Postby MysteryDriverX » Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:36 pm

The Bonfire plate on the Audi is Bonnie Bright's nickname, she did most of the textures in the game