Installing Maxoff's PKG filter makes PKG files unsupported

arnas
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 11 years 1 month

Installing Maxoff's PKG filter makes PKG files unsupported

Postby arnas » Mon May 29, 2023 6:08 pm

PKGs are not showing up in the supported file types for importing after installing the filter. Whaaaaat >.<

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Re: Installing Maxoff's PKG filter makes PKG files unsupported

Postby Franch88 » Mon May 29, 2023 8:05 pm

I still remember of this possible problem. For first thing, you must use the latest version of ZModeler 1, the 1.07b, since this filter works only with it. Then, in case the PKG file format it's not showing in the file importing and exporting windows, download this archive and extract the two DLL files inside anywhere you want (it's fine put them in the ZModeler's main folder), and running again the program the filter should finally work.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

arnas
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby arnas » Mon May 29, 2023 9:14 pm

I still remember of this possible problem. For first thing, you must use the latest version of ZModeler 1, the 1.07b, since this filter works only with it. Then, in case the PKG file format it's not showing in the file importing and exporting windows, download this archive and extract the two DLL files inside anywhere you want (it's fine put them in the ZModeler's main folder), and running again the program the filter should finally work.
Arigatoooo monsieur!!! u fix dis problem with prompt excellence. now i enjoy the Midtown Madness 2 PKG Functions adequately in z modeler. :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: :aplausos: :aplausos: :aplausos: :flirt: :flirt: :flirt: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

arnas
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby arnas » Mon May 29, 2023 9:37 pm

Now another problem, I import the pkg file from game and the textures are white. They are the default textures exctracted to the games root directory.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue May 30, 2023 12:38 am

That's because ZModeler 1 doesn't natively support the TEX file format. The best way is to convert them in TGA file format with TEX Manager program, available in this page. Once run the program, make sure to leave only one asterisk symbol in the file "Files filter" field, so to show all the file types. After the format conversion, re-import the PKG file in ZModeler and suddenly save it in Z3D format and close the program, because it's certain that the program could crash after suddenly work to an imported file...
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

arnas
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby arnas » Tue May 30, 2023 2:38 am

That's because ZModeler 1 doesn't natively support the TEX file format. The best way is to convert them in TGA file format with TEX Manager program, available in this page. Once run the program, make sure to leave only one asterisk symbol in the file "Files filter" field, so to show all the file types. After the format conversion, re-import the PKG file in ZModeler and suddenly save it in Z3D format and close the program, because it's certain that the program could crash after suddenly work to an imported file...
Hmm , still not work for some reason. I also tried to put the tga's in Zmodelers textures folder. And i am running it as admnistrator.

arnas
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby arnas » Tue May 30, 2023 5:38 pm

So Actualy i tried on my other computer. now it work! so weird. but anyways thank you for help

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue May 30, 2023 8:13 pm

The reason sounds to be that you haven't the PKG and the related MTX files in a folder called Geometry, and the textures in a folder called Texture; that's how these files are arranged and loaded by MM2, and so, ZModeler's PKG filter does the same. Both those folders must be paired together, put in any directory you want.
If the issue was really something else I can't think of, at least, all this works on your other PC...