MM2Hook

How download and use it?

Ploni
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 1 year 5 months

MM2Hook

Postby Ploni » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:53 am

I downloaded the releases and I have no idea how to get it to work. I copy all the files and it crashes. Which files do I copy?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Re: MM2hook

Postby Franch88 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:26 pm

Hello and welcome here. About your help request, usually MM2Hook shouldn't aready give working problems at its first run. The correct procedure is to download the archive called mm2hook_dll.zip here and extract all its content in the main game folder, the one where there's the game .exe file. After, just run the game and you already get the patcher changes. It's included a .ini file to configure and enable/disable a lot of things, editable with Windows Notepad, or as better seggested, with Notepad++ or similar.
If what you've already done is all this, can you tell or show what's written in the error message after the crash, if there's any? And also, show the content of the mm2hook.log file, present in the same main game folder and written everytime you run the game with MM2Hook applied.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Ploni
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Ploni » Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:29 am

OK it works pretty well on that PC but now I tried installing it on a different one the exact same way and I get an error that it requires directx7?
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-10-06 202814.png

Ploni
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Ploni » Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:37 am

My message no longer contains too few characters.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-10-06 202814.png (117.95 KiB) Viewed 5143 times

Ploni
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Ploni » Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:40 am

TwistedZeon
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 1 year 4 months

Postby TwistedZeon » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:30 am

So I tried looking everywhere and I just cannot seem to find a download for MM2Hook, does anyone have it?

Jeremiahjobling
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 12 years 2 months
Great Britain

Postby Jeremiahjobling » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:36 pm

So I tried looking everywhere and I just cannot seem to find a download for MM2Hook, does anyone have it?
https://github.com/Fireboyd78/mm2hook

download it as a zip by clicking 'Code' then 'Download ZIP'.
Dubai = Supercarland

When it comes to normal street driving, any car is as good as good as any other. Only the racetrack can truly separate the cars' abilities.

--

In my opinion, BlameTruth is the Jeremy Clarkson of gamers and gameplay video commentators on the internet. You can follow him on Twitter here

TwistedZeon
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby TwistedZeon » Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:25 am

https://github.com/Fireboyd78/mm2hook

download it as a zip by clicking 'Code' then 'Download ZIP'.
I tried that, and put all the files into the main directory for MM2 and it didn't seem to do anything. Downloading the ZIP from github doesn't include the mm2hook.dll file.

Jeremiahjobling
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 12 years 2 months
Great Britain

Postby Jeremiahjobling » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:51 pm

Actually you can find a download for the MM2hook files in Franch88's 1st post on this topic but I suggest you follow MysteryDriverX's advice.
Last edited by Jeremiahjobling on Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Dubai = Supercarland

When it comes to normal street driving, any car is as good as good as any other. Only the racetrack can truly separate the cars' abilities.

--

In my opinion, BlameTruth is the Jeremy Clarkson of gamers and gameplay video commentators on the internet. You can follow him on Twitter here

MysteryDriverX
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Re: MM2Hook

Postby MysteryDriverX » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:39 pm

The file shouldn't be called "mm2hook.dll". You should see 2 files called dinput.dll and dinput.pdb and a file called mm2hook.ini, those are the ones you need.

TwistedZeon
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby TwistedZeon » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:04 am

The file shouldn't be called "mm2hook.dll". You should see 2 files called dinput.dll and dinput.pdb and a file called mm2hook.ini, those are the ones you need.
Only one of those files exists in that github which is mm2hook.ini, it seems we were expected to get a complete build from their appveyor but it doesn't have any builds available.. Maybe I'm just really blind in all of this.

MysteryDriverX
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby MysteryDriverX » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:32 am

Only one of those files exists in that github which is mm2hook.ini, it seems we were expected to get a complete build from their appveyor but it doesn't have any builds available.. Maybe I'm just really blind in all of this.
Oh you are right, it must be currently down. You can find the latest version of mm2hook in this Discord server, which is also still an active community about MM1 and 2, with members from this site:
https://discord.com/invite/89duKYhx6e

TwistedZeon
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby TwistedZeon » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:14 am

Oh you are right, it must be currently down. You can find the latest version of mm2hook in this Discord server, which is also still an active community about MM1 and 2, with members from this site:
https://discord.com/invite/89duKYhx6e
Thank you very much for that! I joined and now have the game working as it should be. Really appreciate the help here. :D

MysteryDriverX
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby MysteryDriverX » Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:31 pm

Excellent!!