Adding and changing music?

Orrin
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 3 years 3 months

Adding and changing music?

Postby Orrin » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:55 pm

I noticed there's certain mods that add or change music but I can't make heads or tails of it of how these mods did it.
I figured it might be a fun,easy and interesting way to get into understanding how this game handles modification. Anyone know how to change this games music?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Re: Adding and changing music?

Postby Franch88 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:40 pm

There's no such kind of mod ever made for both MM1 and MM2. Can you link at least one of the mods that you mean?
MM1 doesn't have music in the game files, there are only as audio tracks in the game disc, which can be played with the music player of the game. With MM2 music is the same thing, but it has also some music in the game files, which is in Direct Music format, part of older versions of DirectX libraries. Here's a release of those music tracks converted in MP3 format, to be listened where you want.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Orrin
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 3 years 3 months

Postby Orrin » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:14 pm

Ay, just the man I wanted to talk to. like the Groover music mod for instance

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:48 pm

It's this one. It just enables and let use the files of an unused music, so it's already present in the game files, hence the very small sizes of it.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|