Are there any tutorials for how to make MM2 Car mods?

filipe1020
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 13 years

Are there any tutorials for how to make MM2 Car mods?

Postby filipe1020 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:16 pm

I want to start making my own mm2 car mods but I'm having a bit of a hard time trying to find tutorials at how to actually do it, I already have some models with textures but if someone can link me to a tutorial or example it would be a huge help.

Jeremiahjobling
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 12 years 2 months
Great Britain

Re: Are there any tutorials for how to make MM2 Car mods?

Postby Jeremiahjobling » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:48 pm

https://forum.mm2c.com/viewtopic.php?t=14160

The most important pages of this topic for you I think would be pages 1 to 8 and page 11.
Most of the images on the topic no longer work but just focus on reading the instructions.

Good luck 👍
Dubai = Supercarland

When it comes to normal street driving, any car is as good as good as any other. Only the racetrack can truly separate the cars' abilities.

--

In my opinion, BlameTruth is the Jeremy Clarkson of gamers and gameplay video commentators on the internet. You can follow him on Twitter here

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:41 pm

There are some MM2 cars making tutorials, and the one linked above is surely the most complete one, but there's a completer version of it.

[quote="Jeremiahjobling";p="111257"]The most important pages of this topic for you I think would be pages 1 to 8 and page 11.
Most of the images on the topic no longer work but just focus on reading the instructions.[/quote]
Why link that tutorial at MM2C forum, where most images are now dead, indeed, when there's the downloadable version here? :P Since you already have a car 3D model, so you only have to port it-game, just jump to the lessons and steps that talk about how to put a it in-game. Read also the first introduction to ZModeler in case you need to know more about that program.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Jeremiahjobling
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 12 years 2 months
Great Britain

Postby Jeremiahjobling » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:07 am

[quote="Franch88";p="111258"]There are some MM2 cars making tutorials, and the one linked above is surely the most complete one, but there's a completer version of it.

[quote="Jeremiahjobling";p="111257"]The most important pages of this topic for you I think would be pages 1 to 8 and page 11.
Most of the images on the topic no longer work but just focus on reading the instructions.[/quote]
Why link that tutorial at MM2C forum, where most images are now dead, indeed, when there's the downloadable version here? :P Since you already have a car 3D model, so you only have to port it-game, just jump to the lessons and steps that talk about how to put a it in-game. Read also the first introduction to ZModeler in case you need to know more about that program.[/quote]

Ah I did suspect a later version of that tutorial was available on this website, although I couldn't remember where exactly. Silent1Unknown's MM2C modelling tutorial was first to come to my mind when replying in this topic.

Either way, both versions should help him in some way.
Dubai = Supercarland

When it comes to normal street driving, any car is as good as good as any other. Only the racetrack can truly separate the cars' abilities.

--

In my opinion, BlameTruth is the Jeremy Clarkson of gamers and gameplay video commentators on the internet. You can follow him on Twitter here

filipe1020
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 13 years

Postby filipe1020 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:20 am

The newest version of Zmodeler don't allow me to export the model as a a .pkg file which is the one made for MM2, so I had to search for the 1.07b version which does but I can't import .OBJ files to it lol, I'll try converting the models I have to .3ds or something.