Some ideas and thoughts

TVantenna
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 5 years 6 months

Some ideas and thoughts

Postby TVantenna » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:41 pm

First of all, there are so many cities here in the state of North Carolina that I wish would be a mod in Midtown Madness. There are some beautiful cities in North Carolina that I would be honored to run checkpoint, circuit and blitz races in, like I-40/I-440 going around Raleigh, NC. That would be so cool to do a circuit race in.

Second of all, is there a way I can edit the music mod in Midtown Madness where I can play whatever music I want to in-game? I think there is, but I run Windows 10, so I'm sure there's a tailor made way to do it in that particular version.

I really enjoy playing Midtown Madness. If only I could play it on a Mac computer, that would be super cool.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Re: Some ideas and thoughts

Postby Franch88 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:03 pm

[quote="TVantenna";p="110935"]First of all, there are so many cities here in the state of North Carolina that I wish would be a mod in Midtown Madness. There are some beautiful cities in North Carolina that I would be honored to run checkpoint, circuit and blitz races in, like I-40/I-440 going around Raleigh, NC. That would be so cool to do a circuit race in.[/quote]
Well, that can sound cool, but actually, any new MM2 city or general track is welcomed. :wink: Concerning MM1, the thing is much difficult, instead.

[quote="TVantenna";p="110935"]Second of all, is there a way I can edit the music mod in Midtown Madness where I can play whatever music I want to in-game? I think there is, but I run Windows 10, so I'm sure there's a tailor made way to do it in that particular version.[/quote]
In MM1 and MM2 isn't really possible to change the default music. The MM2 one is also made in a particular way. The best thing to do is leave a player in execution playing the music that you want (even an Internet browser playing music from YouTube videos) while playing MM2.

[quote="TVantenna";p="110935"]I really enjoy playing Midtown Madness. If only I could play it on a Mac computer, that would be super cool.[/quote]
Maybe with a sort of emulator for Windows would be possible, I don't know.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

TVantenna
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby TVantenna » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:59 am

Well, just as a fair warning, I use an old Mac OS, so I don't know how emulating will go.

I may just get MM2, so maybe somebody along the way may make more city mods for me to enjoy. :)

carfan1061
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Postby carfan1061 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:52 pm

You can rip cd's to your pc, then play them while playing mm2...

TVantenna
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby TVantenna » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:47 pm

Sounds cool . . . hopefully between VLC and MM, that doesn't overwhelm my computer.