Alternative racing games to play

Need a break from MM? Check out theses free games!

THE_DriverX
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 6 years 6 months

Alternative racing games to play

Postby THE_DriverX » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:55 pm

To be honest, I love the MM series, but sometimes it's good to take a break from it, so here are some racing games I play that someone here might be interseted in. They are all free (in freedom and cost)! Some here may already be aware or even play theses games, but for those that didn't know about these games, check them out! (P.S. I'm not affliated with any of these game developers... Just wanted to share some alternatives to play while waiting for new mods for MM or just want to play something different).

Rigs Of Rods (Soft body Simulation): Drive cars, buses, trucks, planes, and boats! Works with Windows, Mac OS X and Linux Distros: https://www.rigsofrods.org/

SuperTux Karts (Cartoon-like go-kart racing game (think Mario Karts): Grab it at: https://supertuxkart.net/Main_Page for Windows, Mac OS X, Android and Linux Distros!

Stunt Rally (Semi-Simulation): Download for Linux or Windows here: https://stuntrally.tuxfamily.org/

Torcs (Simulaton) Made for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and some other lesser known operating systems: https://torcs.sourceforge.net/

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 3 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:03 pm

Trains also in Rigs of Rods.
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

THE_DriverX
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby THE_DriverX » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:25 pm

Your quiet right, Seahawk! I don't play with the trains, but I like to send cars down Mount Everest in neutral (we're talking 400+ MPH)! :D They end up a pancake by the end... :lol:

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Postby zoot » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:36 pm

Don't forget about the new version of Reckless Driver coming out in a month or so!
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:40 pm

Looks like you like especially driving simulators. So, I would suggest to give a try to Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator, if you like also to drive trucks. :wink: They're not free, at least of the first one there's a time demo.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

THE_DriverX
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby THE_DriverX » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:07 pm

I'm not a BIG fan of Sims, but Rigs Of Rods (or I play BeamNG sometimes on my brothers Steam account) are my favorite, as far as sims/soft-body go. Still a bigger fan of arcade racing games, like MM! As far as truck sims go, not really. As a side note, although not free, I own (and play) NFS 3, Hot Pursuit (2010), and Most Wanted (2012). I never really got into Forza or the like... not my style of racing.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:14 pm

I get it, and also, I'm no more fan of racing simulators, too. In past I've played them more, but now I prefer easier and more relaxing arcade racing games (but in the latest years new good ones are lacking...). The same is for the Forza Motorsport series and others like Project CARS and Assetto Corsa, but there's the arcade-ish Forza Horizon series, that's really cool. I've only got to try the demo of the third one, though.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Jeremiahjobling
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 12 years 2 months
Great Britain

Postby Jeremiahjobling » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:40 pm

As a side note, although not free, I own (and play) NFS 3, Hot Pursuit (2010), and Most Wanted (2012).

I play Most Wanted 2012 too. When I got it two years ago, it was the first NFS game I played in about 10 years (since the last NFS game I played at that point was interestingly the original Most Wanted on PS2 in I think 2006)
Dubai = Supercarland

When it comes to normal street driving, any car is as good as good as any other. Only the racetrack can truly separate the cars' abilities.

--

In my opinion, BlameTruth is the Jeremy Clarkson of gamers and gameplay video commentators on the internet. You can follow him on Twitter here

THE_DriverX
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby THE_DriverX » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:16 am

Yeah, the orignal Most Wanted was very good. I still have it on my Xbox (first generation), which is modded, by the way... Having all my Xbox games on a 200GB HD is really nice.... :)

BUGATTIMAN253MPH
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years
Ireland

Postby BUGATTIMAN253MPH » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:09 pm

I used to play Forza Horizon 3 but after I completed the game there wasn't anything to do so I gave up. Now I play Gran Turismo 3 on PCSX2 emulator and there is so many hours of gameplay compared to Horizon.
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year
Best active member Midtown Madness 1 screenshot-er

Best active member avatar
Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Funniest active member

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby KingAndy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:51 pm

The 2012 release of Need for Speed Most Wanted, while receiving mixed opinions everywhere, was claimed by some around here to be somewhat of a modern interpretation of the Midtown Madness concept - relatively big map with many stunt places, police chases easily triggered, different method of picking up cars than the "traditional" purchase menus, arcade controls and plenty of action and quick entertaining gameplay without the usual lame racing game storylines.

I also think one of the preferred aspects of MM1 and 2 we can all agree with is the big amount of mods available. While I think GTA San Andreas is the ideal game with racing and sandbox aspects for that considering most computers can run it nowadays, the engine still handles well enough modern high-poly assets, huge amounts of mods available and still has active modding communities, GTA V would be the best pick for a modern title. Online mode is nice (although I think it's going too much into the nonsense and microtransactions path) but it also has so many mods available - it's a little bit tricky, though, as it requires plenty of care not to get your account banned by connecting to Online while using them, but also because plenty of assholes release mods with viruses for it.
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

ellis3246
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 5 years 11 months

Postby ellis3246 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:27 am

spawning some cars in gmod on any map with a highway
or open space with the "killer cars" npc
seems the best substitute for any racing game to me

but if you dont want that
then i recommend Trackmania and all of its themes
its on steam
its got workshop
its got your usual online
its got your custom maps
its what i wish i could see in more games

sure it was made by the biggest joke in game companies
(unbig joked by the release of farcry5)

but the races really get you pumped up ya know?
SOS