mm2 Sudden lag issue

tizerist
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

mm2 Sudden lag issue

Postby tizerist » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:55 pm

Hi. I've just managed to get MM2 running on Windows10, and it was running fine at first, but now suddenly a bad case of lag has come about. It seems to run about 20fps but the real problem happens when there is a collision.
The game will literally pause for a couple of seconds when I drive into a car or a tree, for example. And if a cop is chasing me it seems to get worse, and he is also colliding into stuff.
I've tried everything I can think of, no amount of tweaking graphics settings seems to stop it....
Anyone had this before?

midtown96
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Postby midtown96 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:21 am

Try the fix from this video

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:35 pm

That issue is related with DirectDraw, and the ddraw.dll file included by default in Windows 8/8.1/10 seems not proper for this old game.
The game freezes for some seconds because of the damages textures, in fact, it happens when your car with the damages textures hits and gets damages, or when the cop AI cars hit and get damaged. Also, the game frame rate drops down when showing the HUD.
The libraries included in the archive explained in that video fix this, which include a different version of ddraw.dll. In the game graphic settings, it's showed "DirectDraw HAL" as Display option.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|