Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Postby Jimmy89 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:32 pm

Whoa, it looks great so far! 8O

carfan1061
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Postby carfan1061 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:25 pm

One bug (not sure if it's just me.) whatever colour I choose for a modded car it always gives me the default one :frown2:
I just realized it happens with every car, you can only select a special paintjob other than that it resets it.
So, this means we will soon start modeling MM3?
This will get exiting :D

Can you change Mouse orbit (scroll to zoom) to using "v" it's much easyer to use imo.

tizerist
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Postby tizerist » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:49 pm

I also have the same problem as JFK. I can select city, car, then it freezes on the loading screen at about 25%.

SuperSecret
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Postby SuperSecret » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:06 pm

I uploaded a new build here (it requires the "Data" folder from build 6, available here), here is the meager changelog: (just some things I did some months ago)
  • All of the objects should be loaded and placed correctly. No collision detection or special effects yet, and no leaves on trees and bushes.
    Splash screen changed (since now Unity allows some customization in the free version), the logos of Microsoft and DICE are shown.
    Performance slightly improved.
Anyway, the project has been inactive during the last year for many reasons:
  • I have been busy with university (now I'm doing an internship for the thesis)
    My Xbox died some time ago, so the reverse engineering has become more difficult (While XQEMU can go ingame after removing some asserts from the code, it is very slow and glitchy, so not very useful)
    I have not been able to figure out some important details of MM3's file formats (some examples: how text is compressed, how tree leaves work...)
Due to these reasons, I'm afraid I won't be able to make much progress in the future, so I'm planning to upload the Unity project, so anyone can continue it, but only after adding some documentation and rewriting some parts of the code (right now it is a hideous nightmare of spaghetti code, I had yet to take the Software Design course)
ImageAuthor of best MM2 track add-on of the year (2014) - Best Programmer (2015)
ImageBest programmer (2013 - 2014) - Best MM2 innovation of the year (2014)
ImageAuthor of best MM2 mod of the year (2013)

carfan1061
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Postby carfan1061 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:35 pm

I have the same problem as jfk, freezes on loading.

SuperSecret
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby SuperSecret » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:30 pm

I have the same problem as jfk, freezes on loading.
Check the file named "output_log.txt" located in the folder named "MM3_Data", if at the end it says something like "DllNotFoundException: MM3Lib.dll" then the problem is that it cannot load the library (even if I put it in the main executable folder), in that case try to move the file "MM3Lib.dll" from the main folder to the folder "MM3_Data/Mono", if that does not work, then try running the game as administrator, or try temporarily disabling the antivirus (just random guesses, I don't know if these advices will solve the problem)
ImageAuthor of best MM2 track add-on of the year (2014) - Best Programmer (2015)

jojo337
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Re: Midtown Madness 3: Unofficial PC porting project

Postby jojo337 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:58 pm

YES, I found it again ! I was looking for it since month and I couldn't remember the "name" of the topic !
French player since 1999

mm2car
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Postby mm2car » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:54 am

How far along is this project? I don't feel like going out and buying an old xbox just for one game.

SuperSecret
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby SuperSecret » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:20 pm

How far along is this project? I don't feel like going out and buying an old xbox just for one game.
Inactive for the foreseeable future, but nowadays MM3 is kinda fully playable in xemu (an og Xbox emulator): https://xemu.app/
In fact, it was me who fixed the emulator to allow MM3 to go past the menus (the problem was a stupid unimplemented texture type, but it was crashing the emulator on official builds), although it still couldn't be completed until xemu's author added audio.
Note: to be fully playable it needs a strong CPU (I barely managed to finish it on a i7-9700k, the main issue (besides random heavy stuttering) is that the ingame clock always runs at full speed, even if the game is slowed down (so blitz and undercover races cannot be completed if the average speed is below about 80%-90%))

mm2car
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Postby mm2car » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:25 am

Inactive for the foreseeable future, but nowadays MM3 is kinda fully playable in xemu (an og Xbox emulator): https://xemu.app/
In fact, it was me who fixed the emulator to allow MM3 to go past the menus (the problem was a stupid unimplemented texture type, but it was crashing the emulator on official builds), although it still couldn't be completed until xemu's author added audio.
Note: to be fully playable it needs a strong CPU (I barely managed to finish it on a i7-9700k, the main issue (besides random heavy stuttering) is that the ingame clock always runs at full speed, even if the game is slowed down (so blitz and undercover races cannot be completed if the average speed is below about 80%-90%))
Damn, i guess my CPU has no chance. I have an i5-4590S

cody
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Postby cody » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:17 am

Why did you put it on hiatus? Any chance you could continue working on it in the next month or two? I want to see this MM3 port completed someday, hopefully before the end of the pandemic, as that would be when people will be at home the most (and therefore would play games more often). Besides, based on what's been completed, it works a lot better than any emulator would.
My Member Number is prime. LOL!

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 3 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:45 pm

Yay! Finally going to try MM3, hope it isn't hard like Midnight Club.
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014