Difference between File Heap Failed & Heap Over

carfan1061
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 7 years 11 months

Difference between File Heap Failed & Heap Over

Postby carfan1061 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:31 pm

Whats the difference between File Heap Failed & Heap Over?

cody
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Postby cody » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:51 pm

"Memmemory Allocater::FindHeap Failed on ptr (hex number)" is a general error, usually caused by random glitches/bugs. Heap Overrun is caused by the game's allocated memory being full, resulting in a crash. The 2nd one can be avoided by using the Heap Patcher, and setting the heap size to 1 GB. That's the setting I use, and it allows me to play in New York without turning off T&L, even with the New York Mod installed.
My Member Number is prime. LOL!

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby dummiesboy » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:06 am

In reality, a setting of 1 GB is overkill for MM2. It will eat alot of your system's RAM while playing the game, without any real benefit. Hell, it might even cause a few crashes on its own because of this.

I'd recommend a maximum setting of 256 MB. That's 8x more than default, and enough to handle just about anything you can throw at the game.

FXANBSS
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 1 month

Postby FXANBSS » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:43 am

In reality, a setting of 1 GB is overkill for MM2. It will eat alot of your system's RAM while playing the game, without any real benefit. Hell, it might even cause a few crashes on its own because of this.

I'd recommend a maximum setting of 256 MB. That's 8x more than default, and enough to handle just about anything you can throw at the game.
There is a chance that people will try to put the entire MMA in their MM2, 1 GB will not be enough.

I wonder if 4 GB will be enough, i have 6 GB in my laptop, and 32 GB in other PC, but i've heard that the game becomes unstable with a lot of RAM, sadly.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby dummiesboy » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:01 am

I dumped in every addon I ever had (600+ files from my vault). After deleting about a dozen broken or conflicting ones, it ran fine with 256 MB of memory.