Midtown Madness 2 and Buses

I'm pretty freaking confused...

COOLGUY200
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Midtown Madness 2 and Buses

Postby COOLGUY200 » Wed May 04, 2016 10:04 pm

Why did some modders choose to make Midtown Madness 2 a bus-centered game?

:wak: :wak: :wak: :wak: :wak: :wak: :wak: :wak: :wak: :wak: :wak: :wak: :wak: :wak:

Just realized how big this "bus community" was and I really don't get it. I mean...gosh I don't know. It confuses me. Did they have a bus fetish or something? Do they own a car but WANT TO RIDE A BUS???

I think Queens Of The Stone Age sums it up pretty nicely.

Maybe someone just grabbed this game off the shelf and said, "Hey, this would be even better if it had something slow, diesel, nobody likes it...Hummers? Nah..."

"...BUSSES!"

They could have you know...made another Pro Street muscle car! I used to hate those cars but now I am a fan because of those buses.

Why did this happen to this poor game. Even this so called "Men In Black" car was more exciting and creative and this was originally a scratch made Ford Crown Victoria by Addict/Rocket but was edited by a person who was smart enough to not provide his or possibly, but mostly unlikely, her name.

Here's the question. Why did some have this uncomfortable desire for busses?

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Thu May 05, 2016 12:08 am

That bus driving is fine when you do it online with loads of other players but sucks when you use maps with traffic for example. Because the cars keep crashing into you so there is no realistic feel at all

COOLGUY200
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby COOLGUY200 » Thu May 05, 2016 12:29 am

That bus driving is fine when you do it online with loads of other players but sucks when you use maps with traffic for example. Because the cars keep crashing into you so there is no realistic feel at all
I can understand things like the default bus and the LTV bus...but seriously, I can't see a bendy bus being "entertaining" unless if it was one of those Top Gear races that Richard Hammond would race in...

Jeremiahjobling
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 12 years 3 months
Great Britain

Postby Jeremiahjobling » Thu May 05, 2016 12:56 am

At the time I first got MM2 (about 6 years ago) I first registered on the MM2C forums and there would be frequently be bus enthusiasts having discussions about MM2 buses there. Sometimes there would even be arguments between the bus enthusiasts too.

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Thu May 05, 2016 8:27 am

Those dudes were really weird and annoying

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Postby aaro4130 » Thu May 05, 2016 4:21 pm

Personal preference ;)
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Postby zoot » Thu May 05, 2016 5:17 pm

Preference. I liked driving the City Bus in MM1 before I learned to drive an actual car, then the fun wore off.
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

COOLGUY200
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby COOLGUY200 » Fri May 06, 2016 5:22 pm

Preference. I liked driving the City Bus in MM1 before I learned to drive an actual car, then the fun wore off.

Well, if you mean either one of these styles of driving, I can totally understand. I like to cause havoc (and try to keep it over 55 so I won't die) and sometimes i'll drive the city bus like how most people handle shopping carts. Stop. Go. Stop. Go. Of course the latter happens when I'm overly bored and I have nothing else to do.

But I never had the desire to have a Bus City mod/map. Ever.