How to create a simple square map quickly?

FXANBSS
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 1 month

How to create a simple square map quickly?

Postby FXANBSS » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:41 pm

Hi.

First, i need ZModeler and i want to know how to make a map and save the map for MM2, for example a square, that would be enough to figure out how to make something, Blender is optional, but i don't know if it works at making tracks like ZModeler.

I want to make a map larger than the 900 km Speed Track without bugs, because that speed track uses a version of the physity and i don't want too many polys for a flat map.

I don't want to waste my time reading all the manual, i just want a square, something to test with. :P

My objective is to get the Top Speed of the Panoz GTR-1 which i can't get in both known Speed Tracks, both have a problem, one is not enough long and the other, i have framerate drops which makes the car to suicide.

EDIT: I got the Top Speed of the GTR-1 before, you can see it here.
So this square is for demolition derby purposes then.
Last edited by FXANBSS on Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 4 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:47 am

Make a surface of 2 polygons and export it by using MM2 City Toolkit.
Last edited by Seahawk on Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Postby e-cobra » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:01 am

Open up MM2CT and go to tools -> Create Directory structure for new city.
Specify the location and change name to something you like. Also keep the city baseneme short, of just 2 letters or so.
Click Create and the folder structure will be created along with basic files in the location. Now, exit MM2CT for a while.

Open up Blender and delete the default cube.
Add a plane, press s (shortcut for scale) and then a number like 500 to scale it 500 times the original.
Re-name this plane to GROUND_
Now this is enough to create a working map in MM2 but it would be white and wouldn't give a good estimation of speed so we need to add a material and texture to the ground.

To do this, while keeping the ground plane selected, go to materials tab:
Click on new:
Leave everything as it is and go to texture tab right next to it.
Scroll down and click open and browse for some ground texture. This texture should have a small file name and should be in the _texture folder of your main city directory that you just created using MM2CT. (Make sure its dimensions are a power of 2, like 128, 256, 512 and in .tga format)

Now export this plane to .3ds format.

Open MM2CT again.
Go to Advanced -> Import 3DS/ASE and click open 3DS/ASE
Browse for the 3ds file you just exported.

Now click Make a city and AR archive
After this, in the window that appears, go to the folder structure you created at the start and then into the 'city'folder in it. Save the .psdl file there. A couple of dialog boxes will appear, deal with them and you'll have a working .ar file. :)
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]