NEW Need For Speed Reboot!

Comin' Fall 2015

Midtown_Madtastic2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

NEW Need For Speed Reboot!

Postby Midtown_Madtastic2 » Sun May 24, 2015 6:26 am

Ohemgee, I'm so excited... And I mean... sooooo excited for this! Never had such anticipation for any game more than this! :D

Ghost Games is developing the new game of the series they always wanted to do, as Marcus Nilsson said himself... and the trailer... plain awesomeness!

So, what are your opinions and hopes for this reboot, guys? Let the Underground return... even if the word doesn't make part of the title. :D

*explodes of excitement*
Rhyme is a waste of time, why not rhytm?

BUGATTIMAN253MPH
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years
Ireland

Postby BUGATTIMAN253MPH » Sun May 24, 2015 1:42 pm

404 Not Found :?
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year
Best active member Midtown Madness 1 screenshot-er

Best active member avatar
Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Funniest active member

Midtown_Madtastic2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Postby Midtown_Madtastic2 » Mon May 25, 2015 11:55 am

404 Not Found :?
no clue why :P
Rhyme is a waste of time, why not rhytm?

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 9 years 1 month

Postby BIGzee » Tue May 26, 2015 7:51 pm

The trailer makes no sense ... if watched blindly :wink:

Its anamorphic headlight flares, open world, crown vics and gmc topkicks making a comeback after nearly 3 years. Underground ? Feels like EA is desperate to bring back old school.

Personally I don't give a damn about the graphics now. It has gott to encompass either a storyline for goodness' sake or a 60fps gameplay on PC. Else its the wonted doo-wop 'race simulation' or 'cop vs. racer' since more than half a decade, running. But its open world - I'm flattered :wink:

*fingers crossed*

Is there a confirmed title yet ? And what does 'reboot' mean ? Remaking an old title ?
ImageImage
Keanu Reeves chose the Red pill and started bending spoons. I chose ZModeler 1.07b and made my own Matrix.

Kunal2045
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

Postby Kunal2045 » Tue May 26, 2015 9:25 pm

Its pretty much like starting the series all over again, refreshing the storylines and elements, so yes. It is confirmed that the next title is just "Need for Speed". Hence its a full-reboot.

And graphics? NFS is running on the same engine as Star Wars: Battlefront. So we might see 60fps come to NFS across the platforms as it is in SW: Battlefront.

mm2car
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Postby mm2car » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:24 am

It will have always-online DRM, so it's going to need a lot of patches to even get the game running.

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby BIGzee » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:18 pm

It will have always-online DRM, so it's going to need a lot of patches to even get the game running.
That's something I feared, might happen :?
ImageImage
Keanu Reeves chose the Red pill and started bending spoons. I chose ZModeler 1.07b and made my own Matrix.

BUGATTIMAN253MPH
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Ireland

Postby BUGATTIMAN253MPH » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:42 pm

I like the green Porsche in the announcement trailer.

Funniest active member

BUGATTIMAN253MPH
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Ireland

Postby BUGATTIMAN253MPH » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:40 am

So, now that it is released, has anyone got it yet? Is it good? I have to wait until Spring 2016 for the PC version unfortunately. :|

Funniest active member

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby BIGzee » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:59 pm

They've hung their heads in shame with GTA V's 2 year PC delay for the '1080p at 60fps' chicken run. R* learnt from Rivals' PC optimization mistake. Now it haunts Ghost games, hence the definite delay. But not as sure/definite as MORE delay, like it happened with GTA V. Remember ? They released it a year after the promised date, but turned out to be even more promising than the console versions.

EDITO: Image

https://www.needforspeed.com/en_GB/news/pc-release-date

This is gonna be so disappointing.
ImageImage

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Postby Diatosta » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:25 pm

Well, I now might have to consider pirating this game :P
[color=white]MM2 lover! Yeah![/color]
[color=white]diatosta.pt[/color]

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

Also, one of my trucks[/color]
[img][/img]

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby BIGzee » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:44 pm

Yep, GTA V or Fallout 4 sound like better investments. Even for fans i say, there's only a handfula reasons even after the long wait. Manual transmission, neons are additions aside the promised unlocked framerate + 4K. Its the first time since Most Wanted '05 that an arcade NFS title has Manual transmission feature - partial or impartial, who gives. We finally got a stick shift and an arcade nfs :cool:.

And the neons! But only for one car ? Itz a total ripoff by Ghost (try googling Lambo driving Yakuzas). The more i try taking this further, the more i sound like a choppy idiot or an average balmy trump. Less said the better, and no one's stopping you guys from getting this game, fan or not, it does have exciting features (i dig the manual shift and tuning parts.. goody goody), but again NOTHING new. Its only a restitched concept attributing everything from the past decade, thats all. This proves EA's most desperate attempt to keep nfs alive.

Heck, I'm with Diatosta. Its either Origin Access Member for me or go pirata with this one. Even if it was to save the NFS series, I'd rather purchase Rivals (as the last good game they released) or Shift 2 / The Run (as the last games that made sense).

*drops mike*

**NOT A REVIEW. Just Casual Awareness.
ImageImage

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Postby Diatosta » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:47 pm

*drops mike*
Damnit, you wanna get a scratched floor? Cause that's how you get a scratched floor.

Nah, but seriously, I dunno if this game is actually any good, cause I never had the opportunity to play it, and I'm not going with others opinions, cause everywhere you look, everyone's saying that NFS Rivals is a shitty game, but I really much appreciate it. And then, that's the good thing PC's have. You can always get a "demo" before trying the full game :P
[color=white]MM2 lover! Yeah![/color]
[color=white]diatosta.pt[/color]

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

Also, one of my trucks[/color]
[img][/img]