[Poll] What's your childhood game?

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

[Poll] What's your childhood game?

Postby KingAndy » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:21 am

Midtown Madness 2 surely has a special place on our hearts, but is it sharing that space with any other nostalgic videogame? Besides MM1/ 2 if they were your childhood games, which game has the most significant presence on your child memories?

In my case, it was a not so well known videogame called Starsky and Hutch The Videogame. It was based on the original 70's TV series of the same name, that came as a free gift with cereal boxes back that time. Although, I remember I actually won it not by buying the box, it was a gift from my 2th grade teacher for having the best rank on a test of the class, when I was 7. Before that I never had played any other videogames except those old pre-installed Windows games. I remember I would spend all the afternoon after school playing it, I've beaten that game multiple times and it absolutely marked my childhood.

Later I've bought the cereal boxes with Crazy Taxi (that I later discovered that unlike the other games, it wasn't the complete version) that unfortunately didn't work at all for compatibility issues with my mom's desktop and Ford Racing 2, that I also played quite a lot, but I have to give it a second place on this list. The big titles of that time such as San Andreas I would discover just much time later, because I really didn't gave much attention to gaming for quite recently, in fact for a really long time I never had bought a PC game neither had even owned a gaming console besides a Nintendo DS and a Gameboy. My gaming interest is really recent in fact.

And, just before knowing yours, here's the intro of the game that would play when the game started, oh the memories :D

Last edited by KingAndy on Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

BUGATTIMAN253MPH
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years
Ireland

Postby BUGATTIMAN253MPH » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:31 am

Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec

Very fun game at the time, with lots of fun and unique cars from concept cars like the Nissan Z concept, to some that also are in MM2 like the Panoz GTR-1, Aston Martin DB7 or even the VW Beetle RSi. I tried to emulate it on PCSX2, but sadly it didn't work out. :(
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year
Best active member Midtown Madness 1 screenshot-er

Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Funniest active member

mm2mm1fan
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 8 months
United States of America

Postby mm2mm1fan » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:37 am

The first game I played was a puzzle game called Snood, I remember playing it on a old Packer Bell conputer (which was my first computer which I got when I was 4) :)

My first racing game I played was the first Flatout which I still play from time to time. The most nostalgic things in the game for me is the soundtrack, the sounds, the tracks and my favorite car since I first played Flatout, the Speedevil :D The engine sounds, the red paintjob and the whole rest of the car just screams nostalgia for me :)
Retired from modifying Midtown Madness games. Nowadays I mod Crashday Redline Edition in my spare time.

FXANBSS
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years

Postby FXANBSS » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:37 am

P.S: I forgot to publish this post, so i am doing it again quickly!

The only nostalgic games i still play is Midtown Madness 2 and Unreal Tournament.

Unreal Tournament has something unique... I was very lucky that i have found that legendary mod that is still in Open Beta state...
Spoiler
Unreal Tournament:

Mod: Excessive Unreal 2 (aka EXU2)

Someone made this trailer, not the author.

Note: The mod does use Unreal stuff too!

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 1 month
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:04 am

The first games I played were the early NFS games and Test Drive 4. We also had many sports games like FIFA, but I'm not really into football so only my brother played them :P

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Postby Diatosta » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:02 pm

Oh wow KingAndy, you also got those games? I got the whole pack of Starsky and Hutch, Crazy Taxi, Ford Racing 2 and Total Immersion Racing (I think I named them all correctly) in those Nestl
[color=white]MM2 lover! Yeah![/color]
[color=white]diatosta.pt[/color]

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

Also, one of my trucks[/color]
[img][/img]

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby KingAndy » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:22 pm

@Diatosta: yeah I also have got them! :D All of them except the fourth one, I bought the one with Crazy Taxi 2 times because as I said it didn't work on my mother's computer and thought it was a problem of the CD, so I ended up with 2 copies of Crazy Taxi instead of the last one, since those promotial boxes ended before I could then get it.

Still, those two gave me so many hours of fun and good memories, even with Starsky and Hutch not playing the soundtrack and Ford Racing 2 lagging all the time. :P
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

NotoriousA
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Postby NotoriousA » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:39 pm

Crash Team Racing and WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2006 will always have a special place in my heart. Pretty sure those were the two games I played the most during the last decade.
[img][/img]

The_Most_Wanted
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Postby The_Most_Wanted » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:41 pm

My childhood game is Max Payne, I'm still playing this awesome game and familiar with this character for this awesome story by Sam Lake! :D

Best Midtown Madness 2 innovation of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 mod of the year

Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:01 pm

I've got several games that signed my childhood, all on PC and mostly of cars driving, my favorite genre. The memorable ones that I've played for thousand of hours are Dethkarz, Rally Championship 2000 and Midtown Madness 2, of course. :wink:

I've got to play and like the first Flatout, Crazy Taxi, Ford Racing 2, and Starsky & Hutch The Videogame. :D
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Kevin_Hahn
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 9 years 9 months

Postby Kevin_Hahn » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:14 pm

Other than the countless Putt-Putt games I've played, here are my most beloved childhood games:
MIDTOWN MADNESS LIVES ON

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby aaro4130 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:14 pm

Red Alert 2, NASCAR Racing 2002 Season, Midtown Madness 1/2, Monster Truck Madness 2
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:44 pm

MM2, NFS MW/Underground, Super Mario 64, The Simpsons Hit and Run, and all the old Colin McRae games :)
[img][/img] [color=gold]MM2x Awards 2014 - Most Friendly Active Member[/color]

[img][/img]

COOLGUY200
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 13 years

Postby COOLGUY200 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:56 am

Midtown Madness 1&2
NASCAR Thunder 2004
FlatOut 1&2
NFS High Stakes, Porsche Unleashed, ProStreet
Combat Flight Simulator
Motocross Madness 1&2
Gran Turismo 2
Ridge Racer
Formula One '99 (feels like a PS2 game for PS1, really good.)

Recently, I hooked up my laptop to the TV via HDMI, put in Gran Turismo 2, and played in using the PCSX emulator, and holy crap is it amazing! It looks great in widescreen and even better combined with the clearer graphics. I just wanted to point that out, for some reason (lol)

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Postby Diatosta » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:40 pm

Well, I dunno about PCSX, but I've played some games, including Gran Turismo 2, in ePSXe with everything on maximum, and god damn, does it look good. :P
[color=white]MM2 lover! Yeah![/color]
[color=white]diatosta.pt[/color]

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

Also, one of my trucks[/color]
[img][/img]