[MM2] Direct Music Content

Finally worked !!

FXANBSS
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 1 month

Postby FXANBSS » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:17 pm

I remember that the music changes when you are idle. (Not moving from place.)

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 9 years 2 months

Postby BIGzee » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:51 am

HA !! YOU'RE A GENIUS :biggrin2: !! It did and Thanks for the heads up, I've just learnt that..
  • <songname>Idle.sgt - Plays when the player car is in idle. If it fails (which it does, considerable number of times), reversing a few feet and bringing back to idle turns it on.
  • <songname>Return.sgt - when the player car is running. The main song, I could say.
  • <songname>Start.sgt - Plays during the start of the race/roam only. Once the player car moves, the Return.sgt is started and when back to Idle, the Idle.sgt is played. Even after resetting the race/roam by pressing F4, the Start segment doesn't, it plays da Idle one instead. Start plays only the first time you enter a race/roam from the Race Menu. This could be replaced with an Ignition sound instead ! Right ? Just once after exiting the race menu.
  • <songname>CopsIdle.sgt - ???
Thanks, FXANBSS. If you wouldn't have confirmed that there actually was an Idle sound, I would've wasted the next couple of days in 'Trial and Error'. You saved my time. Irony is, spending sleepless nights and Precious hours to convert a car for MM2 and spending just 30 minutes in one place (idle) with it, actually made SO much difference :wassat: ! Weird... but useful :roll: *hail laziness*.

The latest discovery makes the odds fall on the Music's side. Imagine you're cruising while the Return segment plays your favourite blues or Opera, and you had to come to a halt for a reason - Traffic (or) a cop in the front who's gonna start the Cops segment (chase music) and ruin your 'blues' moment. But wait, you came to halt ? Idle.sgt already ruined it for you no matter what it being a song/scanner chatter/blank. And you've decided to roll again, and you realize that your Return segment blues/40 minute Opera has started all over again, either you're effed up or your system is a mangled mess already. you broke it to crap, yourself. Me no responsible, nono..

One workaround would be to record some radio... hours long and replace the city sounds with it. Stay Idle, play tag with 'em manchild cops, or simply move along and the songs still play no matter wha. Another workaround would be Segments in Segments. I read about it somewhere, just don't know if it's possible. Gotta go research. With segments in segments, you could simply have one single .sgt file have numerous patterns (patterns assigned each with a separate song i.e wave file), segmented separately and somewhere gathered in the dust pile lies a 'randomize segments' option (which is the tricky part, cuz i don't seem to find it or maybe I'm using an obsolete version of the Direct Music software). It maybe called 'continue from Segment number or start from beginning' option. Don't quite remember.

Sorry for all the yap. Here's another one
Spoiler
Last edited by BIGzee on Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Keanu Reeves chose the Red pill and started bending spoons. I chose ZModeler 1.07b and made my own Matrix.

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Postby aaro4130 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:00 am

It's a WAV file embedded in DMUSIC. Really easy to do. You can import MP3 (by converting to WAV) and make it play instead of normal music
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby BIGzee » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:28 pm

.wav file in the dmusic folder ? But I don't see any in my dmusic directory. Sounds puzzling :roll:. Could you explain (maybe here for reference) how itz actually done ? If that's an alternative, there could be some hope for music adding.
ImageImage
Keanu Reeves chose the Red pill and started bending spoons. I chose ZModeler 1.07b and made my own Matrix.

FXANBSS
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 1 month

Postby FXANBSS » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:51 pm

Yeah, i have discovered the idle music thanks to my boredom.
I don't know what to do, i just look at the polygonal landscapes. :P

P.S: If you lost the cops and the cops starts to follow you again a few milliseconds later, you can't hear music, it takes a bit to load other music, so the music just dissapears. Ok, i don't think this would help.
Spoiler
P.S 2: Oh, i remember a *****Lion that fires hot potatoes from his mouth, for some reason, love it.

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby BIGzee » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:19 pm

Sorry for the late replies. I live a human life, verily.
I don't know what to do, i just look at the polygonal landscapes.
We've so much in common :flirt:.
If you lost the cops and the cops starts to follow you again a few milliseconds later, you can't hear music, it takes a bit to load other music, so the music just dissapears. Ok, i don't think this would help.
No, its helpful. The 16 MB heap memory could be the reason. Since you were talking about the default songs, the addon ones must be a bigger PITA. Check this sample from Need For Speed : Undercover that feature Dangerously low bitrates (16K) versions of
  • UI.sgt > Vertigen - Recoil
  • Pause.sgt > Momma Sed - Puscifer
  • <All>Cops.sgt > A Manner of Speed - Official Soundtrack.
The link - https://www.mediafire.com/download/fvcoqdtqscp24ys/

It's filled with bugs that could be ignored cuz there's empty style file contents that active segments (other than the ones in the archive) use, i.e that humming note. This is clearly for test purposes. Check it out and see for yourself, the delay.

@aaro4130, is there any way the temporary memory that contains the song, keep the temp song in there for a little longer (not dump it) so that the delay between the songs' loading is truncated ? And you were working on multiplying the heap memory in MM2, is it working ?

EDIT: I just realized out of stupidity, the dmusic files can be renamed in the .csv files. That and..

Cruise music
  • SunRoof
  • TacoLoco
  • LeTigre
  • BackOff
Race music
  • Enemy
  • Bullet
  • Duck
  • London
  • PimpHand
Cop Chase segments trigger only when the cop is a pkg replaced cop, (eg: Kunal2045's and BUGATTIMAN253MPH's city cops replacement patches) and not roam.aimap edited replacement cops (like mine :oops:).

[OT]
Spoiler

My P.S ? : I'm tired of this Project already.

<songname>CopsIdle.sgt - ???

WHY DOES THIS EVEN EXIST :evil: :vsad:
ImageImage