Who is the best for each enviroment?

FXANBSS
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 1 month

Every Reflection mod Test

Postby FXANBSS » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:44 am

Hello MM2x community!

Wanna know what is the best reflection mod for each enviroment.

SF and London are cities, so we must use a reflection mod for the cities to make a screenshot look better. No?
Deserts are clean, maybe use a shiny reflection or something.
A Cave or the Underground. Oh wait, we need reflections for this? Better i disable reflections, i think.

There are a lot of reflections mod, i will show the few i remember right now.
Aaro's Reflection Mod v1.0
Riva's Reflection Mod v3.1
Jorge's Reflection Mod
Shader Mod 2 Reflections
MM2 Revisited v5 Reflections

I want your opinions about what do you think, thanks for advance. :)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:49 pm

Well, each reflection mod is better than another for specific environment, but all are better than the default game ones. Precisely, that's an ambient texture, because being old, Midtown Madness 2 hasn't real reflections.
Shader Mod 2 and MM2 Revisited V5 reflections are the best for most of the uses and for cities, IMO. The Shader Mod 2 reflections aren't so great in day time, but they're nicer in night time for some green and red spots which imitate the traffic lights. Riva's Reflection Mod v3.1 reflections are very good for cars screenshot that want to be a showcase of them like the same Riva used to do with his releases.
I know of the first ever reflections mod released, but it's too shiny and not really good applied to most of the models. Then there's also the good HQTM-Team's one.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|