I think I fixed the lag on Windows 10

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

I think I fixed the lag on Windows 10

Postby KingAndy » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:41 pm

I was on MM2 in my laptop, which runs Windows 10, and accidentally pressed F4 key. In my laptop it controls the multiple screens option that opened, and so I pressed Esc to close it, and it minimized the game. I clicked on the window on the bar to re-open it and, mysteriously, the lag almost disappeared. Well, the lag and also all the text on the pause menu and the speedometer, but I was now able to play it running smoothly in full screen and max settings. But I said, almost no lag, unfortunately when driving around the frame rate would sometimes drop but it would be OK again after a few seconds. I tried to test it minimizing the game using Cntrl+Alt+delete but the game would crash, and I didn't tested with mods yet.

Still, I find this a great discovery since it doesn't need to configure the pc like the only solution known until now would require.

Can anybody test this please?
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

FXANBSS
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 1 month

Postby FXANBSS » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:07 pm

There are a lot of bugs to fix the lag, if i remember right, in windows 10 i have pressed the windows button then enter the game, the text disappeared but the game was running smoothly.

Yeah, i see this is the only way to play without lag.
The lag is from DirectDraw but that bug removes anything, the buttons too, i think.

When i use Fraps (In Windows 7), when i show the Framerate, all the DirectDraw things disappear. (For some reason)

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Postby Diatosta » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:28 pm

Well, I tried it in my laptop. Had ~10 FPS, after your method had ~35FPS
In my PC I had ~20 FPS, after you method I had almost constant 60 FPS
So yes, I can attest it works, and the menu's disapearing is not that big of a deal, cause if you play one game for so many years, you're bound to know the buttons locations by heart now XD
[color=white]MM2 lover! Yeah![/color]
[color=white]diatosta.pt[/color]

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

Also, one of my trucks[/color]
[img][/img]

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Postby KingAndy » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:37 pm

Well, it's great to know that my accidental discovery really works! I noticed the menu issue too, but it's a minimal problem, at least the game is playable now on the most recent OS. If you can't figure out the menu by heart XD, you can simply quit the game between each race/ free roam and start it again and repeat the trick. I just need to install a few car mods to check if it works well with high poly cars too.

What about Windows 8? Anybody here is running that OS and can test this?
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site