Midtown Madness 3 The Revival

Cariboost
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 8 years 8 months

Midtown Madness 3 The Revival

Postby Cariboost » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:28 am

Hi,

If you too wish to have a revival of Midtown Madness 3 on PC. If you too want high speed chases on the Champs-Elys

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Postby Diatosta » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:35 am

Well I'm not putting much faith in this, but oh what the hell, it won't cost you anything to vote on it right? Why not? Might even work! :D
[color=white]MM2 lover! Yeah![/color]
[color=white]diatosta.pt[/color]

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

Also, one of my trucks[/color]
[img][/img]

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 9 years 2 months

Postby BIGzee » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:57 am

+3 votes :wink:.
ImageImage
Keanu Reeves chose the Red pill and started bending spoons. I chose ZModeler 1.07b and made my own Matrix.

SuperSecret
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Postby SuperSecret » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:23 am

I am afraid that Microsoft will ignore this suggestion, since they cannot do it, because of copyright and licensing issues: it was DICE that developed the game, and now it is part of EA, and this alone can be a deal breaker, since copyright and source code (provided it still exists) now belong to EA. Furthermore, I am afraid that the car brands licenses for MM3 have expired, so Microsoft would have to obtain the licenses again to re-release the game, and it's not guaranteed that the car makers will grant the licenses again.
ImageAuthor of best MM2 track add-on of the year (2014) - Best Programmer (2015)
ImageBest programmer (2013 - 2014) - Best MM2 innovation of the year (2014)
ImageAuthor of best MM2 mod of the year (2013)

Cariboost
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Cariboost » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:10 pm

Hey but the hell with car brands right : D

And if what you say is right and Microsoft have no rights, who knows what they could do if they are motivated enough.

It may be crazy but I'm convinced that they could at least consider it if I can prove there is still a high fan base that could hope on a return of MM3 !

Cariboost
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Cariboost » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:11 pm

And note that you can vote once a day (with 3 votes) and without even needing to be logged on

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 9 years 2 months

Postby BIGzee » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:12 pm

They obviously won't give about MM3, but this could probably tickle their memories with the series' title. They might even reconsider this as an 'open title' game request, but referring to 'the revival' process as "costless and very profitable project for Microsoft" doesn't sound accurate. That might've got them going :P. They must've already ignored it, who knows.

Votes won't solve this. It just takes one mammoth executive to convince and even then there's lesser chance anything might happen. Let's say they even consider your request, all they're focusing on right now is OS compatibility and integrating console and mobile games with a crammied up 'XBOX games' app for PC. The best they'd do is add live multiplayer support for the Xbox version of MM3 (similar to 'Autolog' for NFS), and MM3 would never escape the Xbox forever, from what it seems. But anything could happen.

Cariboost, are you aware of SuperSecret's MM3 Project ?
ImageImage
Keanu Reeves chose the Red pill and started bending spoons. I chose ZModeler 1.07b and made my own Matrix.

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Postby KingAndy » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:25 pm

Well, as SuperSecret said, even if Microsoft was interested, it would be really hard and expensive to get all the licences. And in the end, they would just spend money to get programmers converting an obscure game most people don't know about, and that probably would just be distributed for free. But well, SuperSecret is developing an unofficial conversion of the game for PC, soon you can get your hands on it. :)

What would be cool would be MM1/MM2 converted for smartphones, that would be awesome. I really don't like smartphone games, but I love to play old games on emulators and that would be just awesome.
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Postby Diatosta » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:11 pm

Exactly, if we could find a way to smoothly run them in smartphones (maybe with something like WINE, although it currently does not exist for those platforms) then, maybe with a controller, or even the touchscreen controls, being able to play MM1/2 everywhere would be quite the refresher.

Imagine sitting in the bus like "Oh man, I could go for a Blitz right now", and then BAM, there it is, MM right in your pocket.

Cause if you think about it, Midtown Madness would be the perfect mobile game. Don't believe me? Just listen. What makes a mobile game fun? Being able to play for 5 minutes, without much repurcussions of like "Oh my god, I can't leave story mode at the middle". Or maybe it's the fact that it's incredibly addictive?
Well guess which game has all those qualities ;)
[color=white]MM2 lover! Yeah![/color]
[color=white]diatosta.pt[/color]

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

Also, one of my trucks[/color]
[img][/img]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:40 pm

I partly agree with SuperSecret, but, the intellectual property and brand owner is always Microsoft, and I guess they even bought from DICE the work that they did with developing the game; after all, Microsoft was who financed the game making. There shouldn't be issues because of the fact that now DICE is a company owner by Electronic Arts, except for their mentioning and brand using.
That's correct about the cars brands rights, instead. At least, that would require to Microsoft a new using request to send to each car maker company.

My thought about this idea is that's going to be ignored, like the many petitions opened to ask something to big companies... Microsoft's mind and business changed in the latest years, looking more to the mobile world and being a smartphone producer too (buying Nokia).
The only thing that they could do with Midtown Madness 3, is be able to play it with the Xbox One, and then, hopefully and dreaming, also on PC with Windows 10.

As BIGzee is pointing you, SuperSecret just started an unofficial conversion of the game using Unity engine and all the possible stuff taken from the game files.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:48 pm

It would be nice to have MM3 but well who would be really interested in buying it? 10 forum users isn't enough

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Postby KingAndy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:55 am

@Diatosta, now imagine some guy get a few server computers and create an online mode for MM2 mobile, just like GTA V. That would be the real deal. :D
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

Cariboost
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Cariboost » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:03 pm

Haha yes of course if only us forum is voting it won't be enough. We need to manage to hit all the now-30/35yo people who played and loved the game 10 years ago !

All I have to do is adverstising my suggestion on TV or in Airports. Easy

Joke apart, I saw the great project of supersecret ! But unfortunately I am especially dreaming of playing the Hunter mode Online !

But fortunately, my second will is to play in Paris City (I live there now) ! that would be awesome.