Midtown Madness 2 Frame Rate Issues

On AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics Card

dreamkaster97
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Midtown Madness 2 Frame Rate Issues

Postby dreamkaster97 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:33 am

Hello everybody, I was just wondering if there was a possible way to increase the frame rate of Midtown Madness 2 on my laptop. My laptop is running Windows 7 x64 with an AMD Radeon HD 6310 graphics card. The issues I am experiencing with MM2 is the game plays slowly and very choppy in certain areas, like when cursing around the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco or the park area in London. However, the game performs much faster and smoother in areas like in the London tunnel. I also notice that the screen flickers black every so often when the frame rate acts choppy. I have tried using different compatibility settings and running the game as an administrator, but those options didn't solve the issues. Also, I can confirm that my graphics drivers are completely up to date.

Is there maybe a patch or some other fix to these issues, or am I out of luck? Any replies would be helpful! Thanks! :-)

Midtown2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 13 years 5 months

Postby Midtown2 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:14 am

Idk it sounds like the game is too much for the graphics card. It happened with my dads laptop; the standard graphics card just wouldn't work. Maybe it could be something with the processor too. Idk if it would do much but try the windows 8 patch on your windows 7 PC cuz that was made to eliminate frame rate lag. Not sure how it would work out though.

Kevin_Hahn
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 9 years 9 months

Postby Kevin_Hahn » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:39 pm

Make sure you're not using software rendering, else I can't see your problem, as in my eye's your card seems adequate. I had an old 98 toastertop with less power then that, and it ran fine. I am certainly not a computer whiz, though.
MIDTOWN MADNESS LIVES ON

dreamkaster97
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby dreamkaster97 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:20 pm

I'll try installing the Windows 8 patch for the game later. Also, I'm actually not running the game in Software Render mode, I'm running it in Hardware mode. Also, I forgot to mention this in my first post. The game runs slowly and choppy whether if the in-game graphics settings are set to low or very high. The frame rate is worse on very high, but it still is not good on the lowest settings possible. :?

Midtown2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 13 years 5 months

Postby Midtown2 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:48 pm

Yeah that sounded like the problem with the windows 8 computers. I would try the patch. If it doesn't work, I have no idea.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:00 pm

What's your usual FPS rate? Yours isn't a so powerful graphic card indicated for games. Also if MM2 is an old game, in the wide areas like those where's possible to see the San Francisco vista, the frame rate can drop easily. The use of pretty high polygons cars add-ons does the rest too.
I assume that you've installed the Windows XP patch and then you've put the Speedboot/No-CD crack, to use always.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

dreamkaster97
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby dreamkaster97 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:12 pm

Well, I installed the Windows 8 patch like Midtown2 suggested, but it just caused the game to lag even more, plus it added some graphical glitches in-game. Also, Franch, I do have both the XP Patch and Speed Boot patches applied, neither of those improved the lag. Is there anything else I can try, or am I out of luck now? :(

EDIT: I forgot to mention this to you Franch, I tested the frame rate on the highest graphics settings possible at 1366x768 screen resolution with a default vehicle, and the frame rate was consistent around 20 to 8 FPS. I also tried the lowest graphics settings possible at the same resolution and same car, and frame rate stays at around 30 to 18 FPS. When the game dips down at around 20 FPS is when I really notice the lag.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:29 pm

Yeah, your system is a laptop. Well, the frame rate is too much low and the graphic card is too little powerful for games. The patch and the Speedboot are necessary for a sure and stable game working, not to improve lagging issues, which depend by the graphic power capacities of your system. When a game runs with less than 24 FPS, the acceptable limit, the lag starts to become disturbing for the playing.
Try to low the game settings like the textures quality and the view distance to get some more frame. Can't do much other...
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

dreamkaster97
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby dreamkaster97 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:15 pm

Alright then. Thanks at least for trying to help me! :D

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 9 years 1 month

Postby BIGzee » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:33 pm

All this in windows 7 ? Try the 1.0 one, which is the only one that works for me.
ImageImage
Keanu Reeves chose the Red pill and started bending spoons. I chose ZModeler 1.07b and made my own Matrix.