Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Postby StanOfGB » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:01 am

Cool features on the BRZ :)

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 9 years 1 month

Postby BIGzee » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:09 am

So, the Charger is upgraded for offroad use basically?
Sorry, I wasn't clear on mentioning. :oops: I meant buggy - as in "full of bugs". Full of bugs because of my devilishly stupid mistakes like the wheels' axes and sizes are not 1:1. And if you look closely, you can see the transparencies are bad and the foglights aren't UV mapped right. Say, speaking of chargers and buggies, is anyone attempting to do this - Image :?:
Maybe THIS could be the hardcore offroader you were looking for, BUGATTIMAN253MPH ? Or were you mentioning something else ?
Nice presenting. Great work so far. :)
The stock BRZ is in the way to be released.
Thanks for everything :) Great to hear its releasing soon ! Hope it didn't bother you with the fixes :whist:
Whoa, nice features on the BRZ! :D
Thanks again mm2mm1fan :)
Cool features on the BRZ :)
Last edited by BIGzee on Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Keanu Reeves chose the Red pill and started bending spoons. I chose ZModeler 1.07b and made my own Matrix.

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:41 am

Love the nitro flames! Pretty incredible work considering you've just started. I can't wait to see more of your work. :)
[img][/img] [color=gold]MM2x Awards 2014 - Most Friendly Active Member[/color]

[img][/img]

BUGATTIMAN253MPH
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years
Ireland

Postby BUGATTIMAN253MPH » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:18 pm

Say, speaking of chargers and buggies, is anyone attempting to do this - Image :?:
I could probably extract the thick, wide tires from Shift 2 Unleashed. I'm not really sure why they can be so big but I think it was done for the Speedhunters drag racing.
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year
Best active member Midtown Madness 1 screenshot-er

Best active member avatar
Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Funniest active member

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby BIGzee » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:04 am

Love the nitro flames! Pretty incredible work considering you've just started. I can't wait to see more of your work. :)
Thanks EnzoSkylineMiura :) !!
Say, speaking of chargers and buggies, is anyone attempting to do this -
I could probably extract the thick, wide tires from Shift 2 Unleashed. I'm not really sure why they can be so big but I think it was done for the Speedhunters drag racing.
Didn't know there was drag racing in S2U. Are you really gonna attempt this :D ? I could help you with them. The tyres, dunno if the drag tyres would do. The grapple thingy on the hood could be textured, and one could make the front bumper from scratch - but me :( . I could try modding the rear cage from the fnf showdown vault edition charger for that front bumper. Will post you if it works out (which i slightly doubt, but is worth a try). And the rear bumper -
I have no idea what to do :roll: . Or, one could even try these "forgotten role models" -
ImageImageImage
It'll be great if you did it, BUGATTIMAN253MPH :!: We NEED a 1000horsepower offroader/climber :afirmar:
Last edited by BIGzee on Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Keanu Reeves chose the Red pill and started bending spoons. I chose ZModeler 1.07b and made my own Matrix.

jorge14
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Postby jorge14 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:04 am

OMG dat car, very nice job mate! :D
[img][/img][color=gray] Best MM2 car converter of the year[/color] | [img][/img] [color=chocolate] Best active member photoshop-er[/color]
[url=https://www.mm2jorge14.weebly.com][img]https://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/16/19/81/53/mm2jor10.png[/img][/url]

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby aaro4130 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:44 am

The nitro looks can be solved by using a black background on the texture. Midtown Madness additive blends light textures, so black = transparent.
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby BIGzee » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:52 pm

OMG dat car, very nice job mate! :D
Thanks jorge14 :D
The nitro looks can be solved by using a black background on the texture. Midtown Madness additive blends light textures, so black = transparent.
Didn't know you still pay visits in the community :o . Great to have you around :wink: . Yeah, i used black on the 'Alphas' but haven't tried the frames without the alpha's entirely. Should I delete the alpha channels and black-out the entire frame background ? The nitro looks thing only happens at night.

News Flash : The Subaru BRZ '12 (stock) is Released.
As of April 19.

Also felt like a jerk requesting modders to make cars, in my previous post. Sorry for that :?
ImageImage

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby aaro4130 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:27 am

Yeah, without alpha and having the nitro background totally black should work
- Best programmer

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby BIGzee » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:45 pm

Yeah, without alpha and having the nitro background totally black should work
Tried them as you'd suggested - Deleted Alphas on every single frame incl. the blank ones and blacked out the backgrounds completely and saved them as 32-bit .tga frames (128x128 pixels). This happened.

ImageImage
EDIT : Even tried reassigning to a new material, didn't work.

Same thing happens when i tried with an alphaless lt_glow.tga when I had tried with one.

I don't know if its just me, but only alpha ones seem to work somehow or whatsoever. But when I open the alphaless 'Nitro flame' .tga frames again in photoshop, there's always a reincarnated "Alpha 1" channel in every .tga frame, even though I deleted and saved them without one. Strange :roll: .
Last edited by BIGzee on Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby aaro4130 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:03 am

Odd, it should work fine, try saving as 24 bit.

Here's how one of mine is
- Best programmer

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 2 months

Postby e-cobra » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:02 pm

So did it work with black background?
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby BIGzee » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:57 pm

Odd, it should work fine, try saving as 24 bit.
So did it work with black background?
Worked. The 24 bit thing pulled off great :happy:

With a lot of stuff goin on, couldn't find enough time to devote to conversions and fixes. Hence, Sorry for the late reply :oops:

Performed certain fixes on the BRZ GT :arrow:

Thanks to Aaro4130 for the nitro fix Suggestion. It worked like a charm. Looks wayy better than the Alpha ones. I've even added _ni frames to the animation.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Thanks to e-cobra for pointing out the HEADLIGHT objects' distance, I've reduced it. For the Headlight beams I had cyan-ized it's whites a bit, made it shorter in reach length (simulates a high beam sorta effect) and repositioned the Brake projections a bit because they weren't right under the tail lamps.

Fixed the Grille textures' alphas and added it as a Breakable and gave it an 'L' LOD. The Front grille is now visible unlike before. So now you could compare the screenshots I had posted earlier, with this...

Replaced the conventional Shadow texture with GRID 2's Original BRZ Shadow (AO Baked). GRID 2 uses AVPS for rendering its dynamic and smoke shadows and this was the only possible shadow texture I could find in GRID 2's directory and I'd edited it to mm2's lighting compatibility (Looked too crisp if I hadn't added blur to the alphas).

Sorry for late replying, slow progress and too much talk :footinmount:. There is more WIP in progress, but I intend to complete current ones before I move any further.
Last edited by BIGzee on Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby Silent1Unknown » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:08 pm

Great improvements done on the car, NOS looks AMAZING! Nice work. However, I'm not a fan of the brake light projections. At first, I thought they were for the NOS, until you mentioned its actually for the brakes. I would lose them, but if you really really want to keep them, then its better to make them more transparent, maybe 20% of what I'm seeing now. Remember, theyre not supposed to be as strong as the headlights. ;)

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby BIGzee » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:15 pm

However, I'm not a fan of the brake light projections. At first, I thought they were for the NOS, until you mentioned its actually for the brakes. I would lose them, but if you really really want to keep them, then its better to make them more transparent, maybe 20% of what I'm seeing now. Remember, theyre not supposed to be as strong as the headlights. ;)
Yepz. I've Understood. I've already mentioned that I've added a separate animation of the Nitro flames' projection much similar to frostbites' nfs series, and followed by another mention that it interferes with the brake projection and I had revoked it for the BRZ GT's release. Reason was that nitro flame projections aren't visible on the racetrack cuz the track is lit but wasn't the case with brake projections. And since this was a racecar i chose the brake ones instead.

The idea was to either keep the brake projections or the Nitro Projections (I totally agree with you, even I feel I'd lose them). I had long ago, tried an animation that worked pretty good (badly textured since it was only for test), I guess I'll gather them back, give 'em a facelift and post the progress and let you guys decide what's better. Maybe even a youtube video might work.

Or there's a way around. I could ask aaro4130 for his projection texture (what he posted a few posts ago) since the end result would be larger than the nitro flame (isn't the same shape too). THEN the nitro projection animation could overlap the brake ones without ruining the looks. That's possible :|
Last edited by BIGzee on Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage