Features that I wonder if they can be modded

MysteryDriverX
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Features that I wonder if they can be modded

Postby MysteryDriverX » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:04 am

Hi! I was wondering if these things can be modded in the game or if there already is a way to achieve these features:
- Make some textures appear either only in SF or only in London (kind of like the night-only suffix for night textures, but for cities).
- Showing the tachometer and speed values as numbers on the dashboard instead of having to use needle gauges, to make some kind of "digital" dashboard instead. Like the HUD you see from the outside view.
- Edit the pedestrians so they have higher quality models or at least textures on their faces.
- Make some textures appear only when the car is moving or only when it's not moving (for example to make animated tank treads that appear only when it moves).
I looked them up and couldn't find if they are possible. Thanks in advance!

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Re: Features that I wonder if they can be modded

Postby Franch88 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:55 am

Make some textures appear either only in SF or only in London (kind of like the night-only suffix for night textures, but for cities).
Well, it's just enough use certain textures only in London and others only in San Francisco. It's already so for many of them in the default game...
Showing the tachometer and speed values as numbers on the dashboard instead of having to use needle gauges, to make some kind of "digital" dashboard instead. Like the HUD you see from the outside view.
This is impossible since there's nothing like that implemented in the game. I guess there's no possible application in some way in the future...
Edit the pedestrians so they have higher quality models or at least textures on their faces.
As far as I remember, some successful try has been done about use a texture for the pedestrian models, but at the moment it's hard to find what I should have seen.
What has instead been done about the pedestrians in the latest years is have the possibility to apply them a ragdoll effect and be able to hit them, this due to the MM2Hook project, always in progress and improving.
Make some textures appear only when the car is moving or only when it's not moving (for example to make animated tank treads that appear only when it moves).
The only texture that can appear when the car is moving, or better drifting, are the tire skidmarks. It's not possible to control animated textures in any way, at least for now...
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

MysteryDriverX
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Postby MysteryDriverX » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:12 am

Thanks for the answers!!
About the London and SF textures I was thinking if it were possible to make for example a license plate texture for the car that appears when you drive in SF and a different one in London, but yeah it wouldn't really make much sense for that feature to be already in the game. Just having different paintjobs is enough.
What has instead been done about the pedestrians in the latest years is have the possibility to apply them a ragdoll effect and be able to hit them, this due to the MM2Hook project, always in progress and improving.
I noticed that feature in that mod, it's incredibly cool!! :mrgreen:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:55 pm

About the London and SF textures I was thinking if it were possible to make for example a license plate texture for the car that appears when you drive in SF and a different one in London, but yeah it wouldn't really make much sense for that feature to be already in the game. Just having different paintjobs is enough.
Something like this it's already present with the game about the default AI city cop cars, where it's used the SFPD paintjob for San Francisco and the London police paintjob for London. This thing seems to be hardcoded in the game EXE. So, maybe can be possible a paintjob forcing for the player depending by the city where you're playing, but of course, you need to make an add-on car on purpose, making a different plate to each paintjob to match the selected city...
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|