NY new race mod

Jimmy89
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

NY new race mod

Postby Jimmy89 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:28 pm

I first thank the author(s) for this unexpected race mod for NY, it is a very nice pack of races enjoyable and rather challenging.
However, it doesn't seem to work for me with cops, I have the memory error even though my MM2 uses the tweak to have maximal memory allocated (I use ie the Exage car and no problem for NY as long as no cops added, even with default MM2 cars if I add cops, it bugs). I suppose the cop car is the one given with the Manhattan 1.2 version? When I use it myself, it doesn't have a siren but a horn (could be a addon_vehtypes problem but no as it just has horn) so I suppose the problem lies somewhere else?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Re: NY new race mod

Postby Franch88 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:54 pm

The mod uses the cop car present in the file copny.ar, which is part of New York City improved 1.2. It's obviously required for the working, together with the addon_vehtypes.ar file (here's the most updated one) necessary for the sirens working. In that file are included two copies of the car, one with the basename "vpcopny" that's also made for the player, and one with the basename "vpcopny2", which is used only in some of the original races and also by this mod.

[quote="Jimmy89";p="111253"]When I use it myself, it doesn't have a siren but a horn (could be a addon_vehtypes problem but no as it just has horn) so I suppose the problem lies somewhere else?[/quote]
That sounds weird. I thought that it could be a feature of mm2hook, an adjunctive library that fixes and enhances various features of the game, but, due to its presence, cop cars that aren't present in the vehtypes.csv file have working flashing lights but without sirens, so to prevent the game from crash.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Jimmy89
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Postby Jimmy89 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:14 pm

I had another NY cop car installed (with horn), with the Mustang GT NY Cop it works...but on some races it still gives the memory message. Most circuits don't work even when I set to no cops in the city, I checked the aimap_p files and no vehicle listed I don't own (default vehicles and NY cop car).

Also, it seems the Mustang NY Cop doesn't have a siren as cops in races (only hear their engines). Maybe I have a file conflicting or something, I don't know.

Edit: apparently most problems came from the NY version I had, I used the one with improved custom traffic instead of default traffic.

Tibormat
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Postby Tibormat » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:50 pm

Hello, I corrected all the files that the game tends to crash. Police densities including traffic densities in the Bus Party race. Try it if it works. :) :wink:

Download this file again: https://www.mediafire.com/file/zmv094xx5 ... d.rar/file