MM1 Widescreen Patch

Toty
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 13 years 10 months

MM1 Widescreen Patch

Postby Toty » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:43 am

About a month ago, I finished making a Widescreen Patch for Midtown Madness 1 and released it on the Discord server. Now that the MM2x website is back up, I'm going to release it here since that will hopefully make it available to more people.

This patch corrects cameras and dashboards present in certain vehicles in Midtown Madness 1 when using a widescreen resulution. The default game displays widescreen resolutions by trimming the top and bottom of the screen, a behaviour known as vert-. This is not ideal for widescreen because it reduces the viewable area to the player. This patch fixes that and the game now displays widescreen by showing more to the sides, a behaviour known as hor+. Dashboards were also modified to look properly on these resolutions.

The patch corrects cameras and dashboards for all of the default cars, the Red Rocket included in MM1 Rv3, all of the cars from the MM2 to MM1 Car Pack, and all of the traffic cars either played by typing a special Driver Name or by the mod included in MM1 Rv3. The patch won't have any effect on any other add-on car.

There are also two versions included: one designed for 16:9 resolutions (e.g. 1280x720, 1366x768, 1600x900, 1920x1080), and one designed for 16:10 resolutions (e.g. 1280x800, 1440x900, 1680x1050).

You can see the effect of the patch in the following pictures:

I'll upload the patch shortly after writing this and it will hopefully be available on MM2x in a couple of days.

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Re: MM1 Widescreen Patch

Postby zoot » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:11 am

Love it
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Re: MM1 Widescreen Patch

Postby Franch88 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:31 pm

This patch looks complete and well done, great work. :D It's going to be published very soon. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|