So after completing Imperial London Racepack, I was like, "What? That's it? "
Probably the boredom struck me hard, which made my mind do some research on further race-making.
I was able to get Chicago workable for races in the Aaron's Racemaker (though not perfectly, but doable).
This opens up scope for making more races in the city converted for MM2 (Thank you so much, SuperSecret. Lots of love for you).
I'm planning to work on another racemod, for MM2's Chicago.
Some features I've kept in my mind are-
- More than 14 races. I have successfully tested that there is scope of making as much as 20 Checkpoint races itself. They may consist of the next few points.
- Selected races from MM1's Chicago Golden Edition, Robin's races and races from Tiggy's Racepack.
- Selected races from default MM1, but extended versions of them with better AI and more competitive race draft.
- Some brand new races.
- Out of 20 Checkpoint Races (roughly), some races (atleast 4-5) shall be drafted by MM2x Forum Members. I'll give details soon in this post below. Similarly, there is scope of making same number of circuit and blitz races. If I get
- The Chicago Police Vehicle (Ford Mustang Cruiser, converted from MM1 to MM2), will have similar top speed as that of the MM1's cop (~166 mph, up from 133 mph). It will give a more real feel of MM1, as the cop was actually the best overall vehicle in the game.
- As there will be a large number of races, the racepack may be divided into two separate cities, like 10 races in first part, and rest of the 8-10 races in second part. The reason is because there is a defined upper limit of characters which you can type in name of the races. Also, the racepack having more than 14 races in one city is causing crash after completing a race. So for stability issues, the mod may come in two cities forming the whole mod. Both of them will be still different from the originally converted Chicago.
I have managed to make one of the Robin's races work in MM2. The race is not yet in the order. I'm sure this is not going to be the first race. The order can be quite random as there is a large number of races.
Imperial Chicago Racemod
Checkpoint race: Intimidation
- 6 opponents. 3 cops, 1 fastback, 1 roadster, 1 GTR-1 in Professional. 2 Cadillacs, 1 Fastback, 1 beetle, 1 ford F-350, 1 mustang GT in Amateur.
- Clear Noon for Amateur. Cloudy Noon for Professional
- 35% traffic for Amateur. 40% for Professional.
- 2 Routes.
- 2 Cops for Amateur, 3 for professional.
Even a video...
There shall be more progress coming soon!
About your ideas for races
Now I want to tell you about how you can contribute towards this mod. I'm really hungry of competitive race ideas.
I am sure you always have had dreams of playing some races, totally new, which you may have drafted in mind. Some of members here are extremely creative. You may have a lot better idea than I could ever imagine. I'm quite impressed by the interests of Seahawk and Ch405 towards making races.
Any forum member, interested in racemaking, can make a rough draft of the race. You may use simple dots by snipping tool or any other tool on this map to explain your idea of a race:
You can also give details about what opponents you want in it, and what routes you want them to take. This is though, optional. The important part is the draft of the checkpoints on the race. It would be really welcome if you also suggest the name of the race you create. You can draft any race, be it checkpoint, circuit or a blitz.
Right now, ideas for checkpoint races is more welcome, as I'm working on that section.
Your contribution will be highly appreciated. You can post your idea in this topic. If found feasible and interesting, I'll definitely work on it and it will be included in the racepack. You will also be credited in the ReadMe and the loading screen
Your contribution will make the mod multilateral. It will also reduce stress on me, as brainstorming to create new ideas for a competitive race is extremely difficult task.
You can ask for any queries here. You can give more suggestions about the racemod as well. Your contribution will indirectly make you a racemaker
Some of the rules and features about opponents and races which can help you draft a more competitive race:
- There cannot be more than 8 opponents in a stable race.
- Top of the buildings can be used as start spots only (not advisable for circuit races)
- In checkpoint races, when the opponent is on the start spot, it goes straight in direction of the next checkpoint (it has to be an intersection). It means, you can exploit this feature for making use of offroad and grass.
- In checkpoint races, when the opponent is going towards finish, it does not follow the road, it directly goes in direction of the finish line, no matter where it is on the map.
- Any vehicle (not just cops) can act like a pursuer which chases you.
- Blitz races can also have opponents, but they would be dummy vehicles, with no intention to win.
- Vehicles can't drive on water.
- Interiors of some buildings can't be used. It is advisable that most of your race lies on the road only. You can set finish line or starting spot on grass as well (not advisable for circuit races)
Feel free to comment!
Have a nice day! Do try your best to draft out some creative race ideas!