Imperial Chicago Racemod

A racepack for MM2's Chicago | Under construction!

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Imperial Chicago Racemod

Postby RohitXL5 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:30 pm

Hello!
So after completing Imperial London Racepack, I was like, "What? That's it? :("

Probably the boredom struck me hard, which made my mind do some research on further race-making.
I was able to get Chicago workable for races in the Aaron's Racemaker (though not perfectly, but doable).
This opens up scope for making more races in the city converted for MM2 (Thank you so much, SuperSecret. Lots of love for you).

I'm planning to work on another racemod, for MM2's Chicago.

Some features I've kept in my mind are-
  • More than 14 races. I have successfully tested that there is scope of making as much as 20 Checkpoint races itself. They may consist of the next few points.
  • Selected races from MM1's Chicago Golden Edition, Robin's races and races from Tiggy's Racepack.
  • Selected races from default MM1, but extended versions of them with better AI and more competitive race draft.
  • Some brand new races.
  • Out of 20 Checkpoint Races (roughly), some races (atleast 4-5) shall be drafted by MM2x Forum Members. I'll give details soon in this post below. Similarly, there is scope of making same number of circuit and blitz races. If I get
  • The Chicago Police Vehicle (Ford Mustang Cruiser, converted from MM1 to MM2), will have similar top speed as that of the MM1's cop (~166 mph, up from 133 mph). It will give a more real feel of MM1, as the cop was actually the best overall vehicle in the game.
  • As there will be a large number of races, the racepack may be divided into two separate cities, like 10 races in first part, and rest of the 8-10 races in second part. The reason is because there is a defined upper limit of characters which you can type in name of the races. Also, the racepack having more than 14 races in one city is causing crash after completing a race. So for stability issues, the mod may come in two cities forming the whole mod. Both of them will be still different from the originally converted Chicago.

I have managed to make one of the Robin's races work in MM2. The race is not yet in the order. I'm sure this is not going to be the first race. The order can be quite random as there is a large number of races.

Imperial Chicago Racemod

Checkpoint race: Intimidation

Features
  • 6 opponents. 3 cops, 1 fastback, 1 roadster, 1 GTR-1 in Professional. 2 Cadillacs, 1 Fastback, 1 beetle, 1 ford F-350, 1 mustang GT in Amateur.
  • Clear Noon for Amateur. Cloudy Noon for Professional
  • 35% traffic for Amateur. 40% for Professional.
  • 2 Routes.
  • 2 Cops for Amateur, 3 for professional.

Pictures

Amateur version

Professional version

Even a video...

There shall be more progress coming soon!

About your ideas for races

Now I want to tell you about how you can contribute towards this mod. I'm really hungry of competitive race ideas.

I am sure you always have had dreams of playing some races, totally new, which you may have drafted in mind. Some of members here are extremely creative. You may have a lot better idea than I could ever imagine. I'm quite impressed by the interests of Seahawk and Ch405 towards making races.
Any forum member, interested in racemaking, can make a rough draft of the race. You may use simple dots by snipping tool or any other tool on this map to explain your idea of a race:

You can also give details about what opponents you want in it, and what routes you want them to take. This is though, optional. The important part is the draft of the checkpoints on the race. It would be really welcome if you also suggest the name of the race you create. You can draft any race, be it checkpoint, circuit or a blitz.

Right now, ideas for checkpoint races is more welcome, as I'm working on that section.

Your contribution will be highly appreciated. You can post your idea in this topic. If found feasible and interesting, I'll definitely work on it and it will be included in the racepack. You will also be credited in the ReadMe and the loading screen :)

Your contribution will make the mod multilateral. It will also reduce stress on me, as brainstorming to create new ideas for a competitive race is extremely difficult task.
You can ask for any queries here. You can give more suggestions about the racemod as well. Your contribution will indirectly make you a racemaker :)

Some of the rules and features about opponents and races which can help you draft a more competitive race:
  • There cannot be more than 8 opponents in a stable race.
  • Top of the buildings can be used as start spots only (not advisable for circuit races)
  • In checkpoint races, when the opponent is on the start spot, it goes straight in direction of the next checkpoint (it has to be an intersection). It means, you can exploit this feature for making use of offroad and grass.

• In checkpoint races, when the opponent is going towards finish, it does not follow the road, it directly goes in direction of the finish line, no matter where it is on the map.

• Any vehicle (not just cops) can act like a pursuer which chases you.
  • Blitz races can also have opponents, but they would be dummy vehicles, with no intention to win.
  • Vehicles can't drive on water.
  • Interiors of some buildings can't be used. It is advisable that most of your race lies on the road only. You can set finish line or starting spot on grass as well (not advisable for circuit races)

Feel free to comment!
Have a nice day! Do try your best to draft out some creative race ideas! :)
[img][/img]

[color=#01B5DD][size=150]Boss of Martians![/size][/color]

[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best Active Member MM1 screenshot-er | Best MM2 breakout of the year[/color]
[img][/img] [color=yellow]Author of the best mod of the year[/color]

dafa
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 6 years 6 months

Postby dafa » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:38 pm

Nice work Mate, You can also use my Bridge mod to change the way New Races can be played and also Made!

Found here

https://www.mm2x.com/modules.php?name=Downl ... idge%20Mod

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 3 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:49 pm

What do you mean about my interests in races? I rarely play them. I suggest you to make a drag race without cops in Meigs Field. And I also suggest you to use RV5 vehicles. (What about imperial NYC Racemod?)
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

Ch405
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Ch405 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:24 pm

Cool idea
Welcome to the Midtown Madness 2 Community, motherf*cker.

dafa
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby dafa » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:34 pm

Great idea and work so far! :D

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:37 pm

Very nice idea to consider also Chicago, it has certainly a lot of potential for new races. :wink: Keep it up! :)
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Jeremiahjobling
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 12 years 2 months
Great Britain

Postby Jeremiahjobling » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:44 am

My thumbs up. :aprobar:
Good luck with the project
Dubai = Supercarland

When it comes to normal street driving, any car is as good as good as any other. Only the racetrack can truly separate the cars' abilities.

--

In my opinion, BlameTruth is the Jeremy Clarkson of gamers and gameplay video commentators on the internet. You can follow him on Twitter here

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby RohitXL5 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:08 am

Thank you so much, guys!
Nice work Mate, You can also use my Bridge mod to change the way New Races can be played and also Made!

Found here

https://www.mm2x.com/modules.php?name=Downl ... idge%20Mod
Thank you for this! I'll definitely try crazy stuff using your modification :)
What do you mean about my interests in races? I rarely play them. I suggest you to make a drag race without cops in Meigs Field. And I also suggest you to use RV5 vehicles. (What about imperial NYC Racemod?)
I just thought that you were interested in races because you were quite inquisitive about the process of race making :)

A drag race without cops in Meigs Field? Will see if it is really feasible. It should be. The only issue I see is, that a simple drag race seems vapid. I might try definitely try the area of Meigs field to be used for racing! :)
[img][/img]

[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best Active Member MM1 screenshot-er | Best MM2 breakout of the year[/color]

Pujan
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Pujan » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:16 am

Thats nice m8 ;)
[img]https://s7.postimg.org/urrgzqb17/coollogo_com_103958483.png[/img]
[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best newcomer screenshot-er of the year [/color]
[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best active member MM1 screenshot-er[/color]

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 3 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:44 am

Thats nice m8 ;)
You again after 3 years!
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

TONY9
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 10 years 11 months
United States of America

Postby TONY9 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:39 pm

What do you know, a race pack for the MM2 Chicago add-on map. Pretty neat Rohit.

Jimmy89
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Postby Jimmy89 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:03 pm

I have several ideas.

I don't know which buildings cannot be used among these tbh.
The race starts on the top of the building (the building with one or two floors, not from the twin towers)
That's the checkpoint race I've thought about.

Name: Miegs Field Raceway

8 Opponents: 1 Freightliner Century (Ford F350 for Pro), 2 Mustang Cops (MM1 version), 1 Mustang Cruiser, 1 Aston DB7, 2 Mustang Fastback, 1 Panoz Roadster (1 Panoz GTR1 for Pro)

Weather: Cloudy Evening for Amateur, Raining Evening for Pro

10 cops for amateur and 15 for pro (maybe one or two cop roadblocks at the highway intersections and roadblocks covering both airport entries - for pro only).

Why choosing small roads at the start? Because you'd have one or two cops waiting near the start of the race, therefore you attempt to escape from them from the start to the end of the race...

Maybe there should be two different roads taken by opponents at the latter part of the race (just after going out of the last tunnel).

______

A circuit and a checkpoint race with same base

Old Town Circuit

7 opponents: 2 Mustang Cops (MM1 version), 2 Aston DB7, 3 Panoz Roadster (2 GTR1 and 1 Roadster for Pro)

Weather: Foggy night for amateur, raining night for pro

Cops: 4 for amateur, 8 for pro.

Checkpoint (no idea yet for the name)

8 opponents: 2 Mustang Cops (MM1 version), 2 Aston DB7, 3 Panoz Roadster (2 GTR1 and 1 Roadster for Pro) , 1 Light Tactical Vehicle (1 Ford F350 for pro)

Cops: 15 for amateur, 20 for pro (roadblocks on highway intersections, and roadblocks on both roads of Navy Pier)

Traffic: 30% for amateur, 40% for pro

Weather: Foggy night for amateur, raining night for pro[/img]

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby RohitXL5 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:34 pm

Thank you so much, Jimmy! You presented some decent ideas.
Especially, the Old Town Circuit, it's definitely going to be in the list. Even the checkpoint version of it (Maybe Old Town Checkpoint?) is pretty neat. It can actually prove to be one of the challenging races with fast cars.

The Meigs Field Raceway has a decent structure. The start spot is pretty usable on that building. But, the interiors of McCormick Place, Soldier Field and Shedd Aquarium are not usable for opponents. It doesn't matter much, it can be so amended to use the roads near those places so this race is also worthy of being created. I loved the way you gave even the minute details like the weather and number of cops and the traffic. Cops and traffic may be so adjusted as to keep the race competitive. Your drafts are highly appreciated.
[img][/img]

carfan1061
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 7 years 9 months

Postby carfan1061 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:20 pm

It's great your working on Chicago! :D
I mite will post some ideas later. :idea:
Also, welcome back Pujan :)

Jimmy89
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User