Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 3 months
India

Default Parked Cars mod.

Postby Seahawk » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:02 am

Finished
Is it possible to change the low-poly parked cars in SF and London with the ones we drive?
Last edited by Seahawk on Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:24 am, edited 12 times in total.
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:28 pm

Of course that's possible. I noticed that you've tried the Classic Madness mod, and it does this kind of change.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:31 pm

And how to make a new default parked cars mod which will have default cars replacing the low-poly ones in SF, NYC and London? And how to add new parked buses in SF's bus depot. And are there any parked cars present in Chicago?
-Seahawk

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:28 pm

And how to make a new default parked cars mod which will have default cars replacing the low-poly ones in SF, NYC and London?
You need to make prop objects (each with just H, M, L, VL and BOUND named meshes, and use Maxoff's PKG filter to be able to export them as "Building" PKG objects type) of the vehicles models that you want to use and save them with the names giz_pcar01_l.pkg, giz_pcar02_l.pkg and giz_pcar03_l.pkg.
You must also make a copy of the H object renamed as BREAK02_H:m object, since it'll be used as object to show when the car gets hit. You can also add a BREAK02_H:m object of ne of the wheels for the detachable wheel.
Now just look how are made the default ones.
And how to add new parked buses in SF's bus depot.
You need to edit the props.pathset file placed in the City/SF folder with MM2 City Toolkit. It allows to add, place, move, scale and rotate all the PKG objects you want and where you want.
And are there any parked cars present in Chicago?
Chicago has no parked car, neither in the underground parking, as they don't exist in MM1 as prop objects.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:59 am

But when I extracted cars from Tonius11 mod, they don't have the bottom paint job in the achieve and they still have it in-game. So, does that mean that when I'll make this mod I don't have to use the bottom texture? And can I add multiple paint jobs or I'll have to make every paint job as a different prop? About seeing other cars, how can I extract them? And is there a tutorial available for this?
-Seahawk

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:17 pm

But when I extracted cars from Tonius11 mod, they don't have the bottom paint job in the achieve and they still have it in-game. So, does that mean that when I'll make this mod I don't have to use the bottom texture?
The default game vehicles use the texture called carbottom.tex for the underbody part, and since it's already present in the game default .ar files, it can well be not included in the .ar file of the mod. If you have to use that texture, it's enough to assign any texture you want with the name "carbottom", also in TGA format, the important is that you won't include it in the .ar file when you'll make it.
And can I add multiple paint jobs or I'll have to make every paint job as a different prop?
The multiple paintjobs thing of the parked cars is done in a particular unusual way, I've never looked into it to see how can be customized.

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:50 am

I did this to make the mod work with other ones. But it's not working. It has RV5.1's parked cars replaced with Franch's (This mod was made by Franch, I made the traffic mod). But it crashed.

@Franch88: Where is the parked Mini Cooper you told me in PM?
-Seahawk

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:47 pm

If you want to use Revisited 5.1 files with the Default Cars Traffic Mod and your patch, both their .ar file must be renamed to result above the Revisited mod ones in file name sorting.
Where is the parked Mini Cooper you told me in PM?
That there's also a parked New Mini Cooper it's also explained in the mod description, eh.
The default cities don't use this third parked car object (called giz_pcar03_l.pkg), it's one of the some unused objects present in the game files. Some add-on tracks like Lost City and Madness City 1 use it.

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:23 pm

So, more parked cars are replaced:
I'm submitting the file.
-Seahawk

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:32 pm

There's no need to release a patch of a patch (keep in mind that that feature is part of another release...), for a such very small fix that's only about New York City improved add-on, then... It's better to update the already released file, and it has been done. Re-download it.

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:38 am

That was what I was talking about. :wink:
-Seahawk

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:56 am

Is it possible that if those sp_ cars are only present in NYC, then American cars (Ford Mustang Fastback, Ford Mustang GT and Cadillac Eldorado) will be used for them without replacing the 3 that are already replaced?
-Seahawk

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:12 pm

Yeah, that's possible, because those are other three objects of parked cars, different than the three giz_ ones. They can have any low polygons 3D model that you want to use.

What I also wonder, since it's something hardcoded in the game EXE, is that if is possible to support more than 3 objects of parked cars.

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby aaro4130 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:07 am

Yeah, that's possible, because those are other three objects of parked cars, different than the three giz_ ones. They can have any low polygons 3D model that you want to use.

What I also wonder, since it's something hardcoded in the game EXE, is that if is possible to support more than 3 objects of parked cars.
With an EXE edit (or getting the right address in Cheat Engine), yes.
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:01 am

Answer the poll for parked cars you want. And I will replace that Red Rocket with Audi TT.
-Seahawk