Postby hungarymate » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:33 pm

That looks great, nice mod! :)

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby KingAndy » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:50 pm

Thank you a lot for your feedback!

Today I've been working on the facades of the buildings of San Francisco. I guess half of them are done (not the shops, since now I only did the Chinatown shops). The facades of the buildings are mostly converted from GTA San Andreas, and the high rises textures are from Crash Time 4. Until now, the resolution of all of these textures is 256x256, and since the facades are somehow generic I only tried to find the most similar textures to the original ones. This do not apply to real San Francisco building replicas like The Hyatt or all of the other characteristic buildings of the city, in these I made textures from the real buildings.

Also, I'll not convert all of the facades from these 2 games, the rest of them are from internet. Anyway, most of Crash Time 4 textures are from CG Textures as I discovered a few weeks ago, so it just makes me spend less time of search.

The shops will be made from real shops pictures, but in most of them I'll hide the shop logos, except for some of them. This is essentially to prevent situations where the players don't like the real life shop that is represented in the mod, and then also don't like the mod itself. :P

Screenshots when I finish it!
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Postby e-cobra » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:16 pm

Sounds interesting. :D Waiting for screenshots.
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Postby zoot » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:21 pm

Screenshots!!
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

Pujan
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Postby Pujan » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:12 pm

Waiting for it!
[img]https://s7.postimg.org/urrgzqb17/coollogo_com_103958483.png[/img]
[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best newcomer screenshot-er of the year [/color]
[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best active member MM1 screenshot-er[/color]

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 6 months

Postby RohitXL5 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:16 pm

Awesome! Those textures for station looks incredibly sharp! Those tunnels are cool, especially its light, which enlighten it! ;)
[img][/img]

[color=#01B5DD][size=150]Boss of Martians![/size][/color]

[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best Active Member MM1 screenshot-er | Best MM2 breakout of the year[/color]
[img][/img] [color=yellow]Author of the best mod of the year[/color]

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 4 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:59 pm

Good work.
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:17 pm

Hey guys, really bad news comming: I probably will not work anymore on MM2 HD. I'll try to explain you my situation in this comment.

Since some time ago, I noticed for me, working on MM2 stuff wasn't fun or like a cool hobbie anymore. I started working on stuff last summer, as some of you may remember, because I played MM2 for some time and this website was my favourite one for mods, and I wanted to discover how to make my own mods, and then I thinked it would be a awesome hobbie.

All the released stuff I made until today (the Interceptor, Peugeot 908 and that little beta of New York races patch) took me a lot to do because I only made them in my free time, and because I wanted to make the best possible, with calm, and have fun doing them.

MM2 is for a long time no more a game I like to play. I think since I started working on my Peugeot convertion I used it only to test my mods, and also I don't have really much fun working on my mods. MM2 HD is more some kind of weight I created and that even knowing it would be hard to do, and I would have lots of work to do, I thinked "oh, I think it's fun to do now, maybe if I work a bit everyday it would be complete after some time", but I guess I can't do it anymore.

I had a little conversation with Franch via PM recently, and I talked him I couldn't do this mod because it was too big for me, then I had a idea of create a little cooperative work with other members of this website, but I also don't want to command a kind of a "team" or anything else you want to call to my idea. In fact, it would make the obligation I feel about this mod even bigger, because I would have to contact with the other authors regularly and also make my part of the work.

Also, I know this mod is somehow something really good and I don't want my work doing all the progress I had become another promising failed stuff for MM2, like those great car convertions or really cool stuff sometimes we see screenshots about be they aren't on the internet because they are private or failed stuff.

That's why I'm thinking in just fix some bugs it has, add some more stuff to look more complete, then I release it like a alpha version. Still fun o play with Revisited v5 and/or Shader Mod 2.

I have to think a bit more about this but what I wanted to say is: don't expect more progress on this mod, neither a finished version, because almost for sure it will not exist, just a alpha version containing to stuff I made until now, but without lots of stuff I had in mind for the final version.

Sorry a lot for disappointing you guys :cry:

I will also visit the forum regularly although not working on the game anymore, and don't worry about that awesome Ford me and Aaron converted, I'll make sure it gets finished for you ;)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:53 pm

I understand you and this feeling. When the addicting in what you've liked is missing, comes a demotivation in continuing a long project you wished to do for it. Add also the spare time missing, and its cancelling is forced. You neither feel good in wanting to manage a team for it. So, looking ahead for the alpha releasing.
At least, you've given a news and cared to inform us, the follower of your project.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby RohitXL5 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:18 am

Aww. That's bad. I see how big is this mod to do progress. Indeed, it's a very large project in which a little quadrant of a percent takes a lot of time.

I too understand that feeling. I do that a lot. I plan a lot of large projects but I never start them, because I later start feeling boredom. Atleast, you've done too much work on this massive project. That's respectable.

It's hard indeed to assign perfections on every single texture of the game, with only 1 person at a time.

The alpha will be definitely appreciable with this hard-work till now. But, don't refuse yourself when you'll want to work on it again. Never get suspicious and feared about your own decision when you want to change it. Whenever your mind advises you to work, don't become feared of your old decisions, always follow your wish until you want. That's the spirit of modding.

A big round of applause of appreciations!
[img][/img]

[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best Active Member MM1 screenshot-er | Best MM2 breakout of the year[/color]

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Postby whoami » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:55 am

I (probably everyone) understand(s).

In fact, I applaud you. You have had the patience to make a lot of stuff - I don't. Quoting you:
the Interceptor, Peugeot 908 and that little beta of New York races patch
Way more than the average guy does for a mildly popular racing game released in the last year of the last century.

end(EmotionalStuff); :p
[color=white]Nobody told me MM2 works on Windows 10![/color]

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:27 pm

Thank you a lot for understanding me. I'm working hard to have the Ford finished and with the upload submission today, about MM2 HD alpha I don't warranty you nothing before July, cause I have some school exams soon. This is the uncorfirmed list of the content of MM2 HD alpha version:

San Francisco:

-> New 3D places: Ferry Building, Chinatown gate.
-> Edited 3D buildings: Hyatt Plaza, TransAmerica building, Waldo Tunnel entrance (I edited it to make the rainbow look more like the real one), that "Midtown" building and all that place I don't know the name :P, Broadway tunnel entrance (now all the textures are from the real tunnel entrance), San Francisco park tunnel entrances (now they have a really cool concrete texture).
-> New 3D breakables: telephone poles, Chinatown lamps, all San Francisco lamps (unconfirmed), traffic lights (unconfirmed, but I may not include these ones).
-> New textures: All over the city, but mainly in Pier 39, almost all high rise facades and some other buildings, almost all the unreplaced 3D breakables have new textures, all traffic signs have new textures, etc.

London:

-> New 3D places: none
-> Edited 3D buildings: underground train station tunnels (from Revisited v5 with dummiesboy permission, some changes by me), IMax cinema (from revisited v5 also with permission, changed by me, beta version of the one that I had in mind to include on this mod).
-> New 3D breakables/ objects: "normal" city lights (unconfirmed), underground train station (for me, the most important content of this mod, since it was the original idea that make me do all the other things).
-> New textures: not so many like in san Francisco. Changed mainly almost all textures from the underground train stations and tunnels, all traffic signs has also new textures. London phone booth and a few other breakables also have new textures.

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby RohitXL5 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:04 pm

Great list! (I love that word 3D)

Good luck for exams though. ;)
[img][/img]

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:00 pm

Thank you Rohit ;)