Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 9 years 1 month

Postby BIGzee » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:45 pm

I'm using this as default now. Great improvements since the previous release. Awesome work, KingAndy :D :aprobar:. Races in the London Tube lag somehow, which is obviously because of the hi-poly player cars. No Big deal, though :wink:.

Is the 8 track completed ?
ImageImage
Keanu Reeves chose the Red pill and started bending spoons. I chose ZModeler 1.07b and made my own Matrix.

The_Most_Wanted
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Postby The_Most_Wanted » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:59 pm

Awesome work Andy! :D
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Best Midtown Madness 2 innovation of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 mod of the year

Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 6 months

Postby KingAndy » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:03 pm

Thanks for your kind comments, they are very appreciated. :)

@BIGzee: On the previous version there was some lag caused by the high poly train, however I wasn't aware of that issue on the new version. The only thing that could cause it would be the Gherkin, but it isn't high poly enough to do that. :s

About the 8 track, should be released during November, since for now I'm hurrying up another project for this week, secret till release. ;)
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 9 years 1 month

Postby BIGzee » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:55 pm

Not quite, really. I get very less to almost no framerate dips when using the default cars. It's the hi-poly player and cop cars, that's for sure. And secret project you say ? SURPRISE us :D

A little suggestion though - could you release the BAI version of the track as optional ? Now that there's BUGATTIMAN253MPH's Monster Bus, it should be low poly enough to run as traffic during races. Imagine THAT :cool:. Of course, regardless of the glitches. What are the glitches you're facing in the track right now ? With and without the BAI.
Last edited by BIGzee on Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Keanu Reeves chose the Red pill and started bending spoons. I chose ZModeler 1.07b and made my own Matrix.

Kunal2045
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 14 years 6 months

Postby Kunal2045 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:00 pm

Its a shame it wasn't a complete mod. But apart from that, this is a great mod in its current release. Good work man ;)
[align=center][color=black]Sig[/color]
[img]https://www.imgweave.com/view/4838.png[/img][/align]

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:04 pm

@BIGzee: The surprise isn't anything out of this world, don't get too high expectations :P about the BAI, I fear I lost it with all the files on my old computer. I use to keep saving my progress on mods on Dropbox, that's why my WIPs were safe, but I think I never saved the last playable version of it. I'll look into it, but anyways, trust me, when I decide to cut a feature from a mod it's because after days of work trying I concluded there was absolutely no way to make it work properly.

EDIT: I just saw your question about the glitches, I'm sure it wasn't there when I answered. :P The glitches with the BAI are lag, the .psld road interfers with the "atual" road BOUND, and the game crashes in the loading screen with some cars (might be related with poly count) and if you go to certain parts of the track. No glitches are present in the version without BAI.

@Kunal:Thanks for trying it and leaving a comment. :) I wish I could finish it some day, in fact I have a few ideas I wanted to make in it. The problem is I tend to be very lazy, and even just the "finishing touches" I made since July to release it here on MM2X took much more than I wished.
Last edited by KingAndy on Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Imsocool9100
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 9 years 2 months

Postby Imsocool9100 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:01 pm

Can you make the Shard tower? :D

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:24 am

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. The problem is that it's hard to find spots in game you can put them. It's not like a small building, general rule high rises usually need almost an entire block for them. I was lucky to have a great empty spot for the Gherkin in a similar location to where it is on real life, but there arent much more places like that you can put an high rise on, and editing the .psdl to create new spots is not a possibility.

In a possible future release of this mod, I would really like to improve the Gherkin, since it's lobby is awfully made (lazy me) and I didn't figured out a way to edit the ground texture of the .psdl to change the grass into concrete (lazy me x2). New buildings? Unfortunately I don't think so.

P.S.: When I decided to create a totally new high rise for London, my choise wasn't random. The Gherkin was the first modern looking high rise of London, the one that made the city more open minded for high rises (because for a really long time London didn't want any high rise built on the city to keep the typical old architecture). So imo 30st Mary Axe would be the one that would deserve the most the be represented on MM2, instead Shard Tower, the "Walkie-Talkie" building, known to be able to melt cars :P or any other high rise that beautify the landscape of the rl London.

Imsocool9100
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Imsocool9100 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:34 am

Cool thing! :D

Imsocool9100
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Imsocool9100 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:42 pm

And i forgot to say: Can you make the traffic on tower bridge? :o

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:10 pm

I'm not the dude around here with more knowledge about BAI, but I think it cannot be added to the lifting bridges. Anyways, keep in mind that I really don't think I'll ever make a final version of this mod. But well, I also said that before and ended up releasing a beta version, so... :P

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Re: MM2 HD

Postby KingAndy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:23 pm

Following the trend of finishing leftover projects... Even though I must say this was by far the mod that made me the most proud and it's always a joy when I notice people still use and enjoy this old mod of mine, it's no lie it could've been a lot better than it turned out to be. Due to lack of motivation, it didn't affected as many things as I'd hoped and it even took quite a while to make the current version to be consistent and fun to use.

Paired with a bunch of existing yet unreleased features and fixes, and plenty new ideas that I'd enjoy to make and wouldn't take long (namely, I could easily update and even include new breakable objects, either following the trend of replacing them with GTA SA better quality models or designing new ones [there was an old plan of mine I never put together, though it would be quite simple, of including bicycle racks all around the cities where you could run them over and smash bikes in front of you!]; the placement of "The Gerkin" was rather half-assed and I planed on replacing the ground texture of the plaza, adding new breakable objects and marking it up on the map - literally; I also have a simple plan to "fix" the lack of glasses on the SF tower, after I had to to change the .pkg file in order to update the textures).

Anyways... here's the part YOU come: I've been thinking about the amount of small enhancement projects over the years - small texture packs and whatnot - that never got released. Do you have any of these small updates of yours that you never thought to be complete enough to be properly released and would like to see them included as part of MM2HD? In short, I'm planning on turning MM2 HD into a community project.
  • All the help and contributions are welcomed;
  • To maintain the coherency across all the content, I'll select and make the necessary adaptations - nothing would be released without the approval of each contributor;
  • My priority right now is to release the nearly done 8-Track and one still secret old car project, so this would take several months before having any plans of being released - but on the meantime I'd collect and compile it as any contributions were provided.