How do you Create a Siren Mod?

Can someone walk me through how to make one?

SFPD-Pursuit-Officer
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

How do you Create a Siren Mod?

Postby SFPD-Pursuit-Officer » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:48 am

Hi all. This is my first post on MM2X.com. Can someone walk me through how to make a siren mod. I already used deAR2 to export the mm2 police sirens. Do sirens need to be a certain length and in a certain format? I don't know so can somebody walk me through on this. Oh yeah and the sirens are SF replacing. Thanks all.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:25 am

Hi. Good start having extracted the sirens sounds from one of the game .ar files with DeAR 2, but this thing can be avoided using an already made siren mod like this. Open the .ar file with WinZip or WinRar and extract files and folders from it, so you already have; the .csv file is to edit in case you want to use only one audio file for example, otherwise if you plan to change the other four files (with names like the original game ones), delete it. That siren mod works in SF only.
Probably there's no limit of length for the sounds used, but is always better don't exaggerate in this, maximum 30 seconds is enough. About the format the files must the in .wav and in PCM audio format; you can see this from the properties of the extracted files.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

SFPD-Pursuit-Officer
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby SFPD-Pursuit-Officer » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:21 pm

Ok so i replaced that siren mod's sirens with mine after I extracted the aud22 thing but what do I use to turn my sirens into a AR file?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:42 pm

Yeah, forgot to explain how to make the .ar file. It's very simple, just make a .zip file of the Aud folder with the Aud22 folder and the files in it (better use WinRar to make it, not WinZip) and after rename the file extension to .ar, or, put directly the .ar extension while creating the archive (as this image shows).
Another way is to edit that siren mod .ar file opening it with WinRar and adding the audio files to replace and delete the files that have to be deleted, all directly to the archive.
Add at least three "!" symbols ahead the created .ar file and make sure to don't have any other SF siren mod in your game folder. After, place your made mod in the game folder and test it in-game.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

SFPD-Pursuit-Officer
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby SFPD-Pursuit-Officer » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:04 am

Thanks but I have a problem. I still have the standard sirens but its only the wail standard. The one that's called siren loop,the standard one though.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:42 am

If you've replaced the four default game SF sirens sounds with yours make sure to don't have included the sfpolicesiren.csv file, otherwise, if you've used only one audio file, edit the sfpolicesiren.csv file of that siren mod with Notepad changing the audio file name with the one decided by you.
From as you say seems that you've changed only three of those four audio files, and if is so extract the original sfpolicesiren.csv file from the game with DeAR 2, open it and delete the part about the file that you haven't changed. This file have to be present in the directory Aud/Cardata/Player and included in the created .ar file obviously.

SFPD-Pursuit-Officer
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby SFPD-Pursuit-Officer » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:55 am

Ok I don't have any .csv files so this is what it looks like inside my ar file: aud/aud22/Sirens/all four sirens that I have replaced.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:26 am

If you've changed and so replaced all the four audio files that's enough, you haven't to edit and so include the .csv file too. Make sure that the audio files names are exactly the same of the game default ones, otherwise the change in-game won't happen.

SFPD-Pursuit-Officer
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby SFPD-Pursuit-Officer » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:07 pm

Should the sirens be like this police2sirenloop.22k.wav or sould it be .wav only or 22k only? I'm still getting either standard wail or no sirens. If you want I can even send u the file to look at if you want.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:28 pm

That ".22k" is part of the file name, the extension is .wav. When I've said that the file names have to be exactly like the default SF sirens sounds of course is meant with that ".22k" part, the complete file name. How can this not be clear enough?