GTA SA port: 8-Track

8-Track map is now finally released!

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby KingAndy » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:25 pm

I hope I can finish this soon Franch, I may try to work on my sister's netbook but I'll probably need somebody else for game testing, I'll see what I can do.
I've cheated on this map using a BTTF Mod from some Russian site (I couldn't understand anything) and time traveled to 2015 where I could make other cars fly and I won (everybody either flew off or got blown up).
I used to have installed on GTA SA another BTTF mod, but from the Hill Valley team. They did a version of the mod for GTA Vice City including that feature of travelling to the same time periods they go in the movie and also changes the vehicles acording to the time you are, but the SA version didn't had that feature. :-/ That version youre talking about sounds really cool, I'm going to check it later.
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

mm2car
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Postby mm2car » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:52 pm

I've cheated on this map using a BTTF Mod from some Russian site (I couldn't understand anything) and time traveled to 2015 where I could make other cars fly and I won (everybody either flew off or got blown up).
I used to have installed on GTA SA another BTTF mod, but from the Hill Valley team. They did a version of the mod for GTA Vice City including that feature of travelling to the same time periods they go in the movie and also changes the vehicles acording to the time you are, but the SA version didn't had that feature. :-/ That version youre talking about sounds really cool, I'm going to check it later.
The mod I was stalking about is here: https://backtothefut.3dn.ru/load/3-1-0-162

you have to sign up, then click on on ad link on the mod's page, and then you will be redirected to 4shared where you can download the mod.

Again, the site is all in russian, but some things can be somewhat translated by Google translate.

(Even though I can only speak english, the fact that everything was in russian didn't completely stop me from grabbing the mod.)

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:03 pm

I'm proud to announce that, after over two years since the last update, the 8-Track map will be released very soon. I thought it would be quite a waste not to finish this since I had invested quite a lot of hours learning the process and converting it and it seemed very promising, so this racing track from one of the most memorable stadium events from GTA San Andreas is very close to be available for MM2.

The map is pretty much complete, lacking a few minor edits I'll finish over the next days, but it's already perfectly playable and runs properly. Unfortunately, as I mentioned on my last posts, there will be no working AI for it since it's just not possible to do without game-breaking performance issues on a map of this kind.

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 1 month
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:17 pm

Great work :D

carfan1061
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Postby carfan1061 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:43 pm

Very nice :D

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:51 pm

Could only be a shame not release this. :P It's looking very nice so far. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Re: KingAndy track convertions

Postby KingAndy » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:58 pm

Image In its current form and after the closed beta test I've conducted quite some time ago, the track is fully optimized and working smoothly. However, there are some final touches I'd like to get some help with, either because I'm not very experienced with them yet, or because they'd be too time consuming for the limited spare time I have. So, I'd like to ask if someone would be interested into doing a couple final works and helping to get the track available for everyone to enjoy ASAP!

Jobs list:
  • HUD map: Unfortunately, the original file containing all the objects placed the proper way is long lost (only copy I had was on my old PC whose hard drive got corrupted). Also, even if I still had it it would be to little use, since this track was quite a learning experience for me and many stuff were added up later and/or changed. Long story short, I need the help of someone experienced in map creating to see if there's a workaround and put it together; DONE, special thanks to Franch88!
  • Car pack converting: I had the idea to include with the track the 3 stock cars that would be used in GTA San Andreas. This is non-essential, but would be undoubtedly a good thing to include and if someone has the time to spare to make some quick conversions, I'd be more than thankful. I'd supply all the required models and files if necessary. I just waste too much time being overly perfectionist, I wouldn't be able to put those together efficiently and the sole idea of having to go through that made me delay this forever. - DONE, special thanks to Matyii!
If someone can spare a little while to contribute for this project and help getting this fun track released, please contact me either on this thread or through PM, cheers!
Last edited by KingAndy on Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:29 pm

Ah, it's great to hear news about this track. :) I can help you with the hudmap making, and from what I remember, I'd already told you that in past via PM. :P :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Jeremiahjobling
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 12 years 2 months
Great Britain

Postby Jeremiahjobling » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:24 am

Sajmon14 could probably assist you with the HUD as well, from what I've seen of his work he`s certainly experienced with working with addon cities
Dubai = Supercarland

When it comes to normal street driving, any car is as good as good as any other. Only the racetrack can truly separate the cars' abilities.

--

In my opinion, BlameTruth is the Jeremy Clarkson of gamers and gameplay video commentators on the internet. You can follow him on Twitter here

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:13 am

[quote="Franch88";p="111056"]Ah, it's great to hear news about this track. :) I can help you with the hudmap making, and from what I remember, I'd already told you that in past via PM. :P :wink:[/quote]

Ah, the impression I had from our conversation was that I was pretty much screwed without the original file, or at least it could be quite time-consuming to find another way and I didn't felt good just asking you to do it. Well, if you don't mind giving it a try that would be awesome! The track is quite small so that even if it the marker isn't perfectly accurate it shouldn't be a big problem - I'll PM you the current form of the map. :)

matyii
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 15 years

Postby matyii » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:14 pm

Whoops.

Best MM2 breakout of the year
Best newcomer member of the year

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:31 pm

@matyii eheh! That's the VC Hotring Racer, though! I remember you've gave an hand but at the time I was more confident on my own work and so asked you not to bother actually converting them but only starting the work - well, I guess that wasn't the wisest idea of mine...  :whist:

If by any chance you'd be interested into fully converting them, though...  :wink:

matyii
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 15 years

Postby matyii » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:05 pm

@KingAndy That's from San Andreas. :) See: https://www.igcd.net/vehicle.php?id=1454 You know, GTA San Andreas has 3 special hotring racers (like in Vice City too). I can understand your decision back then, because at that time my conversion wasn't so good in quality and you in converting were far more advanced than me. Now, i am more observant with my works. :wink: Of course, i would like to be involved in your project! If you want, i can already send this variant of the hotring racer to you in pm. :) All you have to do with it is to make a showcase texture for it. By the way, i already started the "B" variant of the hotring racer (now i have the car's model without duplicated textures). Also, did you noticed i also made a CJ driver model for the Hotring Racer? :wink:
Best MM2 breakout of the year
Best newcomer member of the year

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:08 pm

I'm very happy to announce that the 8-Track is finally completed and available to download! :D

I would like to thank firstly to both Matyii and Franch88 for their contributions to this mod, to the people who participated in last year's closed beta and, last but not least, to the entire MM2X community for all the help, support and friendship ever since 2013, when a teen going by the name of KingAndy finally decided to join the forums in order to figure out how to convert the V8 Interceptor for the game he's been enjoying for quite some time. ;)

This track was quite a big challenge, the biggest since my graphics mod MM2HD, being something that involved quite a lot of trial and error and exploring files I wasn't well familiar with. It was something back then I decided to try out after gaining some experience after helping out Aaro4130 on his sadly unreleased Kitchen map, though all the exporting process was foreign to me. If out of curiosity you extract the track files, you'll notice the funny detail the creation dates go all the way from 2015 to just a few days ago - well, you already know how long this has been going for, so much progress stops overtime, but this also means that, though being such a small track, there are plenty of memories I have from working on it during the "peak" of my teenage years, like doing some very early progress while chatting with some old friends of mine, that, are still well vivid in my mind. It's amazing how time flew by so quick, actually...

Well, as I've told Franch, even I had so much fun playing the circuit races of the finished track with Matyii's cars, I guess it's mission accomplished! I hope you enjoy and have some fun with this map, just as much as I had converting it; having it finally released makes all the work I had worth it.

Stay tuned for some more projects of mine I'll be completing in the meantime, and who knows another track some day, now that I already know the process all the way through. :)

Jeremiahjobling
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 12 years 2 months
Great Britain

Postby Jeremiahjobling » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:19 pm

Good on you getting the track released. Will try it out when I get a chance. 🚗
Dubai = Supercarland

When it comes to normal street driving, any car is as good as good as any other. Only the racetrack can truly separate the cars' abilities.

--

In my opinion, BlameTruth is the Jeremy Clarkson of gamers and gameplay video commentators on the internet. You can follow him on Twitter here