GTA SA port: 8-Track

8-Track map is now finally released!

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:27 pm

Good to have thought about this feature and have added it, the sounding effect is great. :wink:
The effects for the wheels aren't still present. The materials.csv file is meant to work only with the PSDL terrain, and you aren't using it with the track.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby KingAndy » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:36 am

Thanks Franch, and also thanks for the help. Well, the problem of the .psdl terrain is the game applies the textures automatically, so I'm already expecting it to mess around everything. Today afternoon I'll try to find a solution for this. :)
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:59 pm

The issue with the PSDL terrain blocks and their own texture mapping isn't related with what I said. In the case of tracks conversions, it's just a 2 polygons flat ground that goes under the entire track, made all with PKG/INST objects. It can even have a transparent texture to hide it in-game.
In my first post of this topic I linked you the way to use.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:06 am

Yep, I knew that. I was just overcomplicating it and trying to make the dirt ground a .psdl object. I replaced the .mtl type in the bound files and it worked perfectly. :)

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:35 pm

Try to help me out with this problem: as I said in previous posts, there's some issue with the 32 bit textures, that allow to see trough the non transparent part of the texture. To see exacly what I'm talking about, look at the fences (left side) of this screenshot, you can see the sky trough it:

There's no problem with the .pkg file order, they're properly placed on the .inst so the fences and such are in last.

BUGATTIMAN253MPH
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years
Ireland

Postby BUGATTIMAN253MPH » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:32 pm

Same problem with Buckingham Palace fences. I don't know, since I don't make tracks, but you could copy the fences and delete the originals so objects behind it can be seen on the semi-transparent part of the texture.
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year
Best active member Midtown Madness 1 screenshot-er

Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Funniest active member

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:08 pm

That's a typical sensitive thing related with the order of the PKG objects in the .inst file. Usually the objects that make use of the alpha channel have to be placed under all the others, but try to invert it and check in-game.
Same problem with Buckingham Palace fences.
With them it's another thing, because the PKG object is only one.

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:17 am

I was absolutely not expecting this, but placing the objects that use the 32bit textures before all the others actually worked. The textures are now working just fine in game, how strange is that. 8O

Thanks for the help Franch.

EDIT: Sorry for keep spamming with questions about track convertion, but... how can I create a hudmap texture for my track? I know the hudmap is a .pkg file so I can texture it, but getting the map texture and make it work properly sounds kinda hard. Also, most new city addons include some really good quality hudmap textures, doesn't look like Zmodeler or MM2CT screenshots.

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 1 month
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:19 pm

For the hudmap, maybe just detach the roads and export them as hudmap if they aren't too highpoly

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:43 pm

Thanks Sajmon14, I'll try that.

Also, take a look on what I'm doing:

That's right, I'm creating the BAI for my track! I made everything like on Maxoff's tutorial and it's working just fine. Also, I creted the files on a separate directory, so I didn't need to have the roads, sidewalks, etc. in the .psdl, since I think it only needs BAI to work.

Unfortunately it crashes in game. It gives the following message:

I'll continue trying to find the problem, but if anyone can help me please leave a message.

EDIT: I also tryed to use the .psdl with the roads and everything but the error message still appears, so I guess it's not that.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:51 pm

The PSDL terrain must have the roads and intersections in order to let work the .bai file, so you must use the one that you've made to let generate it. Sajmon did this to have the opponents to work in Archipelago races, for example.
Probably this error depends right by the generated .bai file. Try to remove it and use the generated PSDL file with the roads and the intersections to see if the track works.
Sorry for keep spamming with questions about track convertion, but... how can I create a hudmap texture for my track? I know the hudmap is a .pkg file so I can texture it, but getting the map texture and make it work properly sounds kinda hard. Also, most new city addons include some really good quality hudmap textures, doesn't look like Zmodeler or MM2CT screenshots.
Probably you're also meaning the various hudmaps I've made, in particular for Riva's and Kunal's tracks. They're make using a texture made from an image of the top view of ZModeler accurately mapped on a flat plane, which is accurately positioned and scaled to match the vehicles positions on track.
The solution said by Sajmon is good and easier, in case of not too muich high polygons roads, but it's not if you want a quality and satellite photo looking hudmap.

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:14 pm

Okok, thanks for the help Franch.

About the BAI, my attempts to make it work ended up being a failure. I actually found a way to make everything work, but it was really unstable, I expected some lag on my pc, several crashes when I got in some parts of the track and the boundary of the PSDL would make it awful. I'll finish the track convertion that is almost complete without this feature. Anyways the work I had to make this was really usefull, and in the future if I make a map where I can actually convert the roads into PSDL, now I know exacly how to.

Check out a few traffic cars driving arround the track. It may look pretty fun but the bugs and crashes make it so bad.

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:29 pm

Bad and good news guys. My pc doesn't turn on (hard drive problems), I guess it's officially dead. :(

But, the track or any other of my currents WIPs aren't lost, fortunately I used to save everything on my Dropbox. I'm temporary using my sister's old netbook, a Magalh

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:51 pm

Hope you'll get a better situation so to continue the project. :) Get the traffic to work somehow is a great thing. :wink:

mm2car
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Postby mm2car » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:57 am

I've cheated on this map using a BTTF Mod from some Russian site (I couldn't understand anything) and time traveled to 2015 where I could make other cars fly and I won (everybody either flew off or got blown up).