Sajmon's Tracks

Kitchen Cookout released!!!

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 1 month
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:12 pm

Probably you already tought about that, but I think you should make some barriers on the highway and props to don't make it looks too "simple".
Yeah they will be added :wink:
Make sure to fill the grassy plain areas with some trees and stuff, even tree lines like what Archipelago did are good. The more filled, the nicer it is.
I will add trees but they will look like those background trees on Arch because the map crashes when I add too much trees.

I'm testing a new feature, it doesn't work properly yet

The 2nd cop car is placed on a different PSDL block so it will never move, same happens if you place a cop car on Archipelago. If anyone is wondering what's so special in having cop on a map then I'll explain. Placing working cops on such non-traffic map was impossible

FXANBSS
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years

Postby FXANBSS » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:35 pm

As i know, the cops only works with .bai file and the track.aimap to get this to work, i tried on some few maps (Using Physity.bai), but it crashed, maybe there are more requirements, for these kind of maps.

It is possible to create a extremely small .bai? Just 1 traffic car? Put it out of map to let the traffic car to dissapear?

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:26 pm

It is possible to create a extremely small .bai? Just 1 traffic car? Put it out of map to let the traffic car to dissapear?
I just did did small intersections and no traffic/peds on them. This was already done on Archipelago to make Cops And Robbers mode possible but dunno why cop's weren't working there

FXANBSS
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby FXANBSS » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:37 pm

About the cops, yeah, the cops think they are in the ocean.

Some of the few ways to fix that i know is using Drive on water mod, but i don't recommend it, may affect other maps.

Or just... the cop think they are on some kind of void, same in New York city, frozen cops.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:55 pm

You're saying some absurd things, FXANBSS...
To let work the cop cars on a city, is needed a PSDL terrain with at least 2 intersections and 3 roads for traffic, and of course the related .bai file. To don't get vehicles and pedestrians on it, just make it very small, like Sajmon did on Archipelago (I worked in its conversion and checked this that time), but, the consequence of this is the not proper working of the cop cars, that will activate the sirens, but won't move chasing the player vehicle. The problem there's with the very small sizes of roads and intersections; standard sizes won't cause this, instead. Also, if a cop car while chasing you gets too far from the roads and the intersections, it'll "get lost" suddenly stopping; in other words, the paths to manage the traffic and pedestrians working present in the .bai file, is also used to control the moving of the cop cars.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 2 months

Postby e-cobra » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:17 am

Nice track! Looking forward to updates with trees and probably working cops. :wink:
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 9 years 1 month

Postby BIGzee » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:42 pm

@sajmon: 'bout the cop part - But you've tried an addon cop car. Whadabout the default ones ? Do even they need a BAI ? Cuz, from what I've experienced, the addon cop (in my case - Boss GT Interceptor) did the same "get lost" thingy with only the sirens activated.. yes, in SF. And THAT on grass. Does it have to do with any of the same ?
If anyone is wondering what's so special in having cop on a map ..
Your OWN livery, perhaps :roll: ?
ImageImage
Keanu Reeves chose the Red pill and started bending spoons. I chose ZModeler 1.07b and made my own Matrix.

mm2mm1fan
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 8 months
United States of America

Postby mm2mm1fan » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:45 pm

Awesome job! :)
Retired from modifying Midtown Madness games. Nowadays I mod Crashday Redline Edition in my spare time.

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:07 pm

I started adding barriers, soon I will also add more trees so map won't be that empty. The project is going slow because I had some important things to do.

FXANBSS
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby FXANBSS » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:19 pm

It is possible to put shadows to these props? A shadow pkg? They look ugly to me, Oh wait, MM2 always had these graphics. :(
I think the game could lag with all these shadow.pkg, so it's a bad idea. :P

The_Most_Wanted
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Postby The_Most_Wanted » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:24 pm

Good work! :)
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Best Midtown Madness 2 innovation of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 mod of the year

Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:54 pm

It's looking really nice, very good work so far. :D
Could be used the decal objects for the shadow effects. The result should be nice and not so heavy, it's enough don't use big textures, but it's a long manual work to do.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

mm2mm1fan
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 8 months
United States of America

Postby mm2mm1fan » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:46 am

Awesome! :D
Retired from modifying Midtown Madness games. Nowadays I mod Crashday Redline Edition in my spare time.

Imsocool9100
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 9 years 2 months

Postby Imsocool9100 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:58 pm

What more you add in this map? :)

Kunal2045
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 14 years 6 months

Postby Kunal2045 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:05 am

Very nice :)