How to make headlight parts (glow in the evening and night)

MysteryDriverX
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

How to make headlight parts (glow in the evening and night)

Postby MysteryDriverX » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:11 pm

Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong section.
I was wondering if it's possible to make headlight parts (model with texture) that appear on in the evening and at night. I know you can make reverse light parts, tail light parts and brake lights that way... but what about headlights?
I tried naming parts as "HLIGHT" but they aren't visible in the game. And those other headlight#_h dummy parts create the glow alright but you can't give them any visible shape with a texture, right?
An alternative way I thought was making the part have textures with the suffix "_ni" so it appears at night. But it wouldn't appear in the evening that way, unlike the headlight glows.
Another alternative way is to make the headlights as part of the tail lights... but if I do this the headlights will glow brighter when I hit the brakes and that's kind of silly (though not entirely bad, but I'd rather have a different way).

So is there a way to make a lights part with a texture and shape of my choosing and make it appear both in the evening and at night? Otherwise, is there an "evening" suffix for textures?
Also, is it possible to have more than just 2 headlight#_h glows?

Thanks in advance!!

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Re: How to make headlight parts (glow in the evening and nig

Postby Franch88 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:09 pm

The best solution now possible to use is to indeed use the HLIGHT object, which is the real one that allows to have custom shaped and textured headlights, and of course, this object can be used as realistic working taillights, like this car does. To have this kind of object enabled, which is original from MM1, is needed the edited game EXE available in this release. Then, it's highly suggested to patch it with the Heap Patcher.
As you say, the previous alternative way is to use the TLIGHT object also for customized headlights, but since this object works also as brake lights, when braking, the light effect gets a stronger look.
The _ni suffix is only for night time, and there's none for the evening time.

[quote="MysteryDriverX";p="111196"]Also, is it possible to have more than just 2 headlight#_h glows?[/quote]
It's not possible, because in the game are implemented only two of them.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

MysteryDriverX
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Re: How to make headlight parts (glow in the evening and nig

Postby MysteryDriverX » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:49 pm

Franch thanks a lot for that mod!!!!  :D  Idk how I never noticed it before in this site, but it's super cool to have those extra head light effects with it. Awesome
Some default cars look funny with them but it's a nice change and it should be useful for mods

Edit: Just realized the dashboards also look fantastic now with that mod since it enables 32 bit color. That mod rules!