Help for cop car

nack714
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Help for cop car

Postby nack714 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:30 pm

Hello,

I don't know if you know POG (French-Belgium Youtuber/Instagramer)
So, I had a Ferrari 458 Speciale Aperta
I like the work of matyii on the Ferrari 458 Speciale, so I decide to modify this for make the POG-LICE

I already change the skin

And now, I would like to add siren and beacon (first of all : siren)
I try to look how it works. So I see 2 things :
 -  The 'addon_vehtypes.ar' to add my car in csv
 -  Change in aud/cardata/player/*.csv and aud/opponent/*.csv for put the MUSTANGHORN siren

But after this modification, I havn't sound when I honk

So, can you help me ?
Thanks,

nack714

PS : If you want files : click here
Midtown Madness 2 : always and forever !!

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Re: Help for cop car

Postby Franch88 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:57 pm

Nice work with reproducing this police livery. :)
Good that you've added the car basename in the vehtypes.csv file, but that's not enough. To have the working sirens you also need to edit the car model by adding the objects needed for the light bar, since in MM2 these work together with the sirens. This car hasn't a big and visible light bar on the roof, but it's not a problem since there's a way to hide the lights glows.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

nack714
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby nack714 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:02 am

Thanks,
I worked and different project before (dashboard for Lotus type 49, Dashboard + upgrade engine and behavior on BAC Mono), I can post it if somebody can be interest.

Thanks lot,
But how can I do this ? I try with ZModeler, but I don't find how to add a siren. Does it exist another solution ?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:02 pm

Seems that you already know at least the basis of MM2 vehicle making and ZModeler using with that.
First, extract Bound, Geometry and Texture folders from the .ar file and import the .pkg file in ZModeler, and then save it. I've prepared a .z3d file with the needed siren objects to merge, get it here. Load the texture called fxltglow.tga to the red and blue materials, which you can change with the color that you want. Place the four objects where needed on the car. In case the car has no lights, just set the color of both the materials all to 1 about the RBG values.

[quote="nack714";p="111146"]I worked and different project before (dashboard for Lotus type 49, Dashboard + upgrade engine and behavior on BAC Mono), I can post it if somebody can be interest.[/quote]
Sounds good. You need to contact the author of the original release, which is Matyii in the case of those two cars conversion add-ons.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

nack714
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby nack714 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:13 pm

Thanks,

But now, I've bugs...  :evil:

I follow your step, but :
-  I can't select others paint (I try to check multiple colors (paintjob) but nothing change (I don't understand why replace suffix))
-  Problem more important, now, wheels turn around the cars (see video) !  8O , I don't understand why, moreover brakes calipers move when I turn and the car turn at the opposite (if I press 'left', the car turn right)

But siren works :D

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:11 pm

Alright, you know some basics, but still you don't know how to export a car with multiple paint jobs and how to fix that wheels bug.
For the multiple paintjobs, download and read this tutorial, it's an easy thing. For the wheels bug, in ZModeler you have to show and select all the objects, press space bar key so to enable the editing to all the selected objects, choose the command Display... — Center Axis, and finally click on any of the views except the 3D one so to center all the axis of the selected objects. Of course, this last explained thing has to be done before re-export the vehicle, and this time adding the multiple paintjobs, too.

nack714
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby nack714 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:19 pm

[quote="Franch88";p="111150"]
For the multiple paintjobs, download and read this tutorial, it's an easy thing.[/quote]
Thanks, I just find this, so it's works :)

[quote="Franch88";p="111150"] For the wheels bug, in ZModeler you have to show and select all the objects, press space bar key so to enable the editing to all the selected objects, choose the command Display... — Center Axis, and finally click on any of the views except the 3D one so to center all the axis of the selected objects. Of course, this last explained thing has to be done before re-export the vehicle, and this time adding the multiple paintjobs, too.[/quote]
Ok thanks, I look this :)

Thanks for all :)

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby KingAndy » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:37 pm

Great work with the livery, it seems really well made. ;)
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

nack714
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby nack714 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:35 pm

[quote="KingAndy";p="111152"]Great work with the livery, it seems really well made. ;)[/quote]

Thanks lot Franch88 for all your help,
Now all exterior of POG-LICE is finish ! :D

Next step : dashboard

I've just a final little problem, is for change the name car
I find change nom, so I rename the baseame in *.info, rename all file with the new basename too, but I have a problem with the texture, default it load the old 458 speciale texture. I change this in ZModeler (with texture parameter (red ball)), but with this haven't details :/

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:44 pm

Really nice video, I like how you've made it! :D I see how you've placed the police lights glows. Well done. :wink:
Good that you've found that files renaming tool, I use a similar self-made one. The basename renaming is a good idea, but if you do it also to the textures and sounds names, you need to edit other. In ZModeler you have to reload the textures to the respective material, indeed, from the Material Editor (the button with the red ball icon that you talk about). What's the problem with it? Since the car is an edited version of a stock one already released, I suggest to don't rename the textures files except the one of your police paintjob, where you can use the new decided basename.