Anyone tried it?

matyii
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 15 years

3D Ripper DX with Midnight Club 3

Postby matyii » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:18 pm

Hi guys! :)

Recently, i checked Midnight Club 3 on IGCD and it seems to be a cool game. It has some really cool vehicles! Especially that Saleen SR. I tought i might rip some vehicles from the game. So, anyone tried to capture some of the playable vehicles with 3D Ripper DX? Is it supported? It would be cool to get some vehicles from that game. :)

Thanks in advance! :D
Best MM2 breakout of the year
Best newcomer member of the year

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:57 pm

Well, Midnight Club 3 there isn't for PC. Probably it can be emulated on PC with a PS2 emulator, but what I wonder is if 3D Ripper DX can work to rip the models of games run by an emulator...
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

matyii
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 15 years

Postby matyii » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:50 pm

Well, it's a bit sad. However i'll try to get a PS2 emulator to see if it can work with 3D Ripper DX.
Best MM2 breakout of the year
Best newcomer member of the year

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:11 pm

Looking at the cars of this game, I can well say that there are alternative models for most of them in other games also available for PC.
Well, it's a bit sad. However i'll try to get a PS2 emulator to see if it can work with 3D Ripper DX.
I don't think so, since emulators do a large use of the CPU for the elaboration of its data. PC games uses graphic libraries, like DirectX, that use GPUs, instead, that are designed to process such libraries. 3D Ripper DX program, as the name says, works right with some versions of DirectX libraries.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

MysteryDriverX
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Re: 3D Ripper DX with Midnight Club 3

Postby MysteryDriverX » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:42 am

I tried a similar program, Ninja Ripper, with the PSP emulator called PPSSPP. It works with the PSP version of MC3, you can rip the models. Some of the cars seem to be a bit less detailed than the PS2 ones and the textures are definitely smaller but it can be useful.
I recommend getting a 100% complete save game (easy to get on google and compatible with the emulator) and ripping the models using the x86 version of Ninja Ripper with its D3D9 inject mode.
The models are ripped in .rip format so you should get Noesis and a plugin for that format, and with that you are all set to rip the models from the game. Rip them out of the garage menu, turn the camera around the car first to make sure all parts are ripped.
Some problems are that each car part is ripped 3 times (into separate objects) since there's one for the shadow and one for the reflection besides the main one. And that the objects have some extra polgyon lines but they are easy to identify and remove in a 3D editor.
With Noesis you can export the parts as .obj format.

TL,DR:
You are gonna need:
-Ninja Ripper
-Noesis
-Noesis Ninja Ripper .rip plugin
-PPSSPP
-Midnight Club 3 PSP rom
-a full save game (optional)